Origin of The Dent!

I'm sure you meant blow soda out of your nose because "snorting it through the nose" indicates an intentional act of inhaling it. LOL!

But yeah, that "2 cents" comment was kind of a funny but he's going to read up.

The comment did come out a little wrong but doesn't Lucas have a say in what is released in comics and in the novels? If so, then with the clone wars, he is contradicting himself. So in my opinion only, and sense i am under the assumption that the CW are not cannon, that because he puts his 2 cents into its production, It doesn't mean that he meant to overwrite his past approvals. Does this make sense? I was to understand that the CW was a sort of filler to keep Star Wars in the minds of the fans. I am not set in stone here and if there is something to learn in all this. Great. So DESLOC you can get over yourself. I dont mind asking stupid question or telling what i seem to believe. If anything I say is wrong..........Educate me. It happens often.

I don't think Desloc meant anything by it, just that he found it amusing.

The CLONE WARS was always meant to serve as an official canon bridge between EPSII and III.

As for books and comics, LFL does have to approve certain things that happens in them but as long as the authors don't try to change what has happened in the films they are pretty forgiving. Take for instance Yoda's, origin, species, and Obi-Wans background: they are generally considered "Off-Limits" to EU explanation as per GL himself.
Authors TRY to keep things flowing smoothly but somethimes even they cancel out each other. GL has the right to "correct" anything he wants but usually it doesn't change things on too grand of a scale. As an aside, the CW/Mando thing is probably the single biggest ripple his retconning of the EU has produced yet.

And by "ripple" I'm decribing the waves made by fishing with dynamite.

Splinter of the minds eye is an example of GL approval and then ep 5 came out and he threw that book out. thank god

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I have read and am still reading the link you sent me and this is getting to be a little to big for even me. From what i got from it and the interviews is whatever GL puts on video is G-Cannon and that comes first. Even the deleted scenes are G-Cannon. So in ep 3 where Grievious kills Shaak Ti, that is supposed to have happen and therefore Starkiller could never have fought her and also throws out some of the cartoon network scenes. I've cut and pasted this comment as it is the only reference to our conversation.

In 2008, Jim Ward commented on the subject when discussing Lucasfilm's marketing plan for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series:

"We've stuck to a very clear branding strategy for the past decade. This is Star Wars. Individual movies come and go, as do TV shows, video games, books. They all contribute to the lore of Star Wars, but in the end it is one saga and that saga is called Star Wars. We've wanted to send a clear message to our fans that everything we do is part of that overall saga."
―Jim Ward

Because of this one statement, I am to believe that the current clone wars tv series is G-Cannon and therefore historical content. the novels are just sketchy interpretations of such and can be discredited at any time. That just makes everything too confusing.

Just to remind everybody that this all started with the dent theory that Boba was using his fathers helmet but due to him using the helmet as a IED. That now cant be true.

I still plan to talk to Sandsweet on this but i now believe you may be right when you say I will be disappointed.
Thanks for the education

There is a problem though, because the dent was created in ep 2, which is ok.
If Boba did indeed take Jangos helmet, then why does the dent look like it has been recently hit with blaster fire?
jangos dent and Bobas dent look different anyway, I could be wrong but, if I had a dent in my helmet from somebody elses, then I would just paint it to cover it up!
Still, it does look cool!

Once more, with feeling...

Jango's helmet is smaller than Boba's, as Jango was shorter than Boba by several inches. The entire rest of Jango's armour is different from Boba's, too -- plates, sash, vest, flight suit, gauntlets, etc. Jango's helmet has a longish oval dent up on the crown over the left ear running front-to-back. Boba has a round crater down on his forehead.

But if that ain't enough, in the Clone Wars animated series -- which, much as we might not like it, is as canon as the films in Uncle George's eyes and beyond contestation -- Jango's helmet has been destroyed. It is an ex-helmet. Boba does not wear his father's helmet ever. If he scavenged it after the Battle of Geonosis, it was was to use in his plan to kill Mace Windu with a thermal detonator hidden inside it. He will start wearing his own partial Mandalorian armour in this season, but the helmet he will eventually get is not Jango's.

The dent in Jango's helmet was put there as an homage to the crater in Boba's. Nothing more. *sigh*

--Jonah

Whew, there are sure a ton of posts here.

It is my contention that the books/comics, Enemy of the Empire, and the Mandalorian Armor trilogy, are the origins.

As I recall from the books, most of Boba's armor was destroyed by the Sarlaac. He had a bunch of extra equipment stored in a cave on Tatooine (also where Dengar helped nurse him back to health). If I remember correctly, the author made a point of showing that Boba was adamant about fixing up his original helmet and not using a spare. During his [Fetts] downtime, some guy came across similar armor and started posing as Boba Fett. Fett tracked him down, killed him, took his armor, and assimilated that armor into his setup.

But, everybody is free to believe whichever story they like. I think the varied opinions is what makes this character great; the mystery is so captivating.

Close. Jodo was mistaken for Boba before ROTJ. It was just after Boba was presumed dead that he began trading on Boba's reputaion and letting people think he was Boba in order to get higher fees that Boba decided to take steps. ;)

--Jonah

Has any one else noticed that in the fight seen with jango and obi wan, jangos range finder rotates backwards 90 degress in the seen were he fires his jet back,
and Jango gets( His) dent after head butting Obi , clear as day. And his lid is def not bobas
And unfortunantly CW is cannon thats why K,T stopped impiral commandos novel

The rangefinder going back was CG and makes no sense at all -- nor is the slot able to accomodate such a movement. *sigh*

I'll have to re-watch for the umpty-zillionth time to see if his dent only shows up after headbutting Obi-Wan.

And Karen stopped writing due more to editorial difficulties between her and the publisher. Clone Wars altering Mando canon was just a nail in the coffin.

--Jonah

Yeah i did know that the range finder was cg but still interesting tho its not going to make me go and dremal out my jango right ear range finder cap an the thing about KT i know its coman noladge , but its very anoying that they make the CW and then bang mandos are peace loving pacifist hippys, nd the dent you see it for the first time just before jango goes over the edge of the landing platform after there scufl and if you look closly and pause and replay and pause you see he head butts Obi in the exact spot the dent apears and the next shot of the lid there it is

Jango's dent is from hitting the side wall on the Kamino platform when he loses his jetpack... [The edge of the jetpack dents his helmet] and also when he loses his rangefinder.

Sorry if anyone already mentioned that... I tried to read as much of this thread as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not the same helmet I recently watched the entire cartoon network star wars the clone wars series. In season 4 if I remember correctly boba uses his father's helmet to trick jedis into lifting it and it sets off an explosion in a later scene you see a piece of the helmet it was ripped to shreads...... not the same helmet

I really hope they don't explain where Boba got his armour from because it just adds to his mystery and for me thats what makes Boba such a great character.

In saying that though I don't think Bobas helmet is Jangos because I agree that the dent is in totally the wrong place....theres no way George Lucas would just slap it on in 'round-a-bout' the right place, he would have put it right where it belongs.

He knew how popular BF is with so many fans.

I like to think when he was young and small he used his father's resized armor then when he out grew it and couldn't get his hands on beskar he had lesser quality copy made of it to fit out of durasteel or plate. Then later replace pieces of it with Jasters and has a whole new suit made when he becomes mandalore. Hence why his cheap dura helmet gets dented somewhere along the way. That's just what makes sense to me I don't think it needs some fantastical story to it.

Sent from my Aka'jor-class shuttle

I don't think the dent being different proves anything. SW contains plenty of inconsistencies that they hoped we wouldn't notice. The look of the Ep 1 Yoda puppet looks nothing like ESB Yoda. Anakin's saber is small and chromed, but when Luke gets it, it is bigger, has a d-ring and satin. Vader's helmet changes in each film. The special edition Fett footage in Jabba's palace had Fett's jetpack with damage from the sarlacc pit scene. The original Special edition cg Jabba looked nothing like the ESB version. The falcon's details change. Han's binders disappeared when he was released from the carbonite. . . In one of the BTS videos for CW, George mentioned that Boba (teen) would not yet fit THE armor so he would not be wearing it. No matter what the right answer is today, it might change tomorrow anyway.

I think the helmets are different but boba took his amour any way I felt that boba would take his fathers head of a helmet just so he could have it

Check out my blog at
Mattsbuilds2000.wordpress.com/home/

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back