Origin of The Dent!

kibosh

Active Hunter
My son was sick today, and we've watched Episode II twice now. I don't know how I missed it before, but it's right there. They show the helmet getting dented. And not in an Expanded Universe kind of way.

I am now convinced Boba takes Jango's helmet for his own. The helemt clearly gets dented in the arena when the three horned beast bowls him over!

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I was sure excited noticing it for the first time!

I have also read/heard that the helmet recieved its dent when Jango goes aboard Slave1 after his fight with "Ben" and hits his head on the opening on the walk way heading into the ship.
But I have also read that the dent came from Bobas fight with Vader in a EU book(not sure what the title is)
I might be wrong,just sharring what I hase read/heard

I'd have to say that if I were using a helmet that could be dented by walking into a hatchway. . .
I'd go out to Mando-Mart and get me a new helmet! :lol:

I guess I'm of the school that the movies trump everything else. I don't really get into any of the EU stuff. I don't see the dent before the beast hits him, and it's clearly there afterwards.

As for it being "different" than Boba's, that just might be details. I doubt Lucas obsessed over the absolute details like dent placement and size like we do. He knew he needed a dent on the left front side, so he put one there.

Like father - like son.

Sorta like Luke lost is right hand - just like his Vader did (well actually Vader lost all of his other limbs, eventually, but you understand what I am getting at)

I guess I'm of the school that the movies trump everything else. I don't really get into any of the EU stuff. I don't see the dent before the beast hits him, and it's clearly there afterwards.

You saw wrong then. He got the dent just after he launches the jet pack misile's in Kamino while fighting with obi wan. Watch it again, or look for screenshots.

I'd have to say that if I were using a helmet that could be dented by walking into a hatchway. . .
I'd go out to Mando-Mart and get me a new helmet! :lol:

Well thats how everything is in SW!!!!

You have a guy in white armor from head to toe and yet one blaster bolt. Gone.
Don't even get me started on the armor not being able to withstand rocks and sticks from "teddy bears"

And TIE fighters? I'd almost rather fly around in an eggshell!!:lol:

Well thats how everything is in SW!!!!

You have a guy in white armor from head to toe and yet one blaster bolt. Gone.
Don't even get me started on the armor not being able to withstand rocks and sticks from "teddy bears"

And TIE fighters? I'd almost rather fly around in an eggshell!!:lol:

That's what TIE fighters are! Twin Ion Eggshell!

Charlie
TI-9818: No Shields, All Guts!

In the new eu books, its revealed that boba's armour is junk. It wasnt made from very good ore. His daughter is told, perhaps by skirata, I cant remember 'When your father dies take his flamethrower for yours, his armours junk' roughly.

That being said the armour he is using isnt actually his armour. It was taken from someone (again forgot name, probably Jodo Kast, ive read all of the ANH Forward books) that was using the armour to impersonate boba fett and collect big bounties. This happened in the bounty hunter series I believe, right after he escaped the sarlac with his armour cooked off.

The premise in the current series of books is that mandalore was strip mined and bombed from space by the empire, for its super hard, super light ore, the ore used in mando armour. That was what caused the scattering and desdtruction to the mandalore culture.

I could have sworn in the starwars wiki, when it talks about bobas life that it says quite clearly he took his fathers armour and had it re-sized. I can not remember them specifically mentioning the helmet.

----------------- wiki en.wikipedia.org/wiki/boba_fett -------------
venturing on his own to begin his career at an early age, already making modifications to both the Slave I and the Mandalorian armor inherited from his father and his father's mentor, Jaster Mereel.
----------------------

The problem with the wiki, is it doesnt clearly identify cannon and non cannon points, and they sort of run together.

Anyway im assuming the 'created facts' are somewhere in the middle of all of this. There are plenty of things that I dont get.

I watched both sequences shot-by-shot on my computer, and the dent wasn't there on the top of Jangos helmet when he was holding it on the balcony on Utapau over-looking the arena. But when he stands up after the horned beast attempts to run him over, there it is.

The sequence on Kamino when Jango bumps his head entering Slave1, was done in tribute to episode four when the stormtrooper bangs his head on the bottom of the door entering the control room. They could've easily edited out the trooper hitting his head, but instead left it and merely added the radio static sound to mask the "clunk" of his helmet hitting the door. 8)

You saw wrong then. He got the dent just after he launches the jet pack misile's in Kamino while fighting with obi wan. Watch it again, or look for screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back