Ordo Te'skotah's Armor

My first two thoughts on your helmet: wow, the visor opening is much bigger; boy, the dome looks a little shallow. Having scrolled through your images, the visor looks really good, and probably provides a heckuva lot more vision than the standard. And the dome looks perfect--not too shallow at all. I've been following the development of this suit and gear since you started, and every piece is impressive. I can't wait to see what you do with that right gauntlet.

Man. I don't even know what to say about your gear. You've done alot of similar stuff with your gauntlets that I was thinking about doing, and your armor turned out GREAT.

Most hardware stores carry it, as well as wal-mart. It comes in a two-part stick, usually looks like this:

henkel1.jpg

pACE2-1188595reg.jpg

b_16002.jpg

JB weld makes a couple variations of the putty, but it's not regular JB weld. The stick putty sets up in about 5-15 minutes, and is sculptable, whereas regular JB weld (in the two tubes) takes *forever* to set up and is nearly impossible to sculpt.

The main stuff I use is called "marine epoxy", and it's a stick epoxy in the automotive section of wal-mart by the bondo supplies. It's cheaper than the other stick epoxies, and it does just as good a job, IMO.

PM sent

And:
Almost finished with the right gauntlet, atleast until I can afford a couple upgraded gadgets:

RightGauntlet3.jpg

I still have to do some touch-up work on this one, weather the left one, and add the lower halves, which I am going to do with leather, like lace-up bracers.

Is the stick epoxy sandable? I used it to fill some gaps in places, but never tried sanding it.

never actually considered fully sculpting with it.

Yes, the epoxy putty is sandable and carvable when fully cured, and it takes paint and fiberglass really well. ;)

The 12 gig hard drive has a portable application operating system with portable versions of programs like firefox, instant messengers, etc, along with my reference and info databases. The hard drive is hard-wired to the USB hub, and the other three ports are standard USB 2.0 ports. You never know when you're going to need your data. :lol:

Plus, one of my mando's specialties is slicing. 8)

as far as i'm aware.. there is no word for how impressive your gear already is, and definately no word for how impressive its going to be when its finished.

Kudos !

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back