Official Utility Pouches Thread

mcabrera1275

Active Hunter
How do the side pouches attach on?

How do the side pouches attach to the costume? Is it through one of the belts? Is it attached directly to the side of the jumpsuit? Does anyone have pics of this?

Thanks

some wear them on the same belt as the eight leather pouches, and then they're back on your side.

I wear mine esb style, hanging below the leather pouches, in line with the thigh pouches. I use a separate belt for them.

I put the codpiece on.
Then the rope belt.
Then the belt with the cloth pouches
And lastly the leather pouch belt.

Hope this helps,

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
What hides the belt that the pouches are attached to (if anything?)

Jer

journeymanprotector wrote:

I put the codpiece on.
Then the rope belt.
Then the belt with the cloth pouches
And lastly the leather pouch belt.

The last belt, with leather pouches, hides it pretty well. Overall I wouldn't even mind if it peeked here and there. More belts makes the suit look more complicated. And it is...

Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the info.

I was thinking about maybe a rig something like this:

Where you glue another part of a smaller belt to the back of the ammo belt . . then you could loop the pouch and let it hang below . . . gives the same result . . . but, one less belt to put on . . . as you say . . . the suit is pretty complex! :) hehe

Jer

I believe one of the ROTJ belts had velcro on the outside of the pouch flap, and the opposite type velcro on the inside of the belt. Another method would be snaps

The side pouches were worn on the leather belt at the MoM display,

but the AoSW display had them attached to the girth belt.

MoM/AoSW is a HORRIBLE ref when it comes to how the suit was assembled... Don't believe me? Check out the pic below. Need I say more?

Bad_Assembly.jpg

Bad_Assembly.jpg

Last edited:
Ankle spats, wrist spats, aren't they all the same? :facepalm

The ESB pouches were definately not worn on the leather belt, but under it. Now whether or not they were attached to the girth belt or to the underside of the leather belt, I don't know. As far as RotJ, I'm still looking for a good, conclusive picture to post.

Agreed BF. I haven't been able to find a TRUE RotJ pic but I can verify that the RotJ:SE setup has the pouches attches the same way the ESb does. The large cargo pouches come out from under the leather pouches...

Last edited:
:lol: Brak's, where do you find this stuff??

:: that pic makes me wanna start work on my F'dUpMOM Fett suit ::

My take on ESB pouch mounting is that they possibly mounted them to the jet pack harness waist belt, then covered it with the ammo belt. You can see that in several prepro pics the jet pack harneess was exposed. By putting the ammo belt over the hip bags (when the hip bags are attached to the harness it would keep the ammo belt mounted up high and wouldn't be able to slide down to expose the jet pack harness. Confused? -Mark

Thigh pouch, belt pouch and utility pockets dimensions

Hey!!

I need some dimension for my ROTJ flight suit. I need the
thigh pouch, belt pouch and utility pocket dimensions.

Thanks

Fabrizio

I believe they are the same color and material as the jumpsuit.

The side pouches are indeed a tan color. Mine's are made of a tan cotton material, similar to the one use for the jumpsuit...but tan. I'm gonna weather it a little once I finish with all the soft parts of my costume.

Robert

Has anyone confirmed that (4" wide x 5" tall x 1" deep) is the correct size for the thigh pouches? I converted these patterns to print out at actual size. You can download them here, but I just want to make sure this is the correct dimension.
*EDIT*
See correct patterns below...

fpoato, I used 7 1/2" tall X 6" wide X 2" deep, and leaving a 1/2" extra fabric all around for sewing. I actually had to adapt and create a second one from the patterns you gave me a few months ago so it could fit on me, which I did and traced a newly custom pattern myself to work with it. Same size for my belt pouches which they were already made and bought from Ebay, due to the fact that I have a small/average frame, but they look pretty good once I have it on, and the belt pouches fits really good in my belt as well with my 34" waist...not bad!

Robert

side pouch attachment

okay all you Empire Fetts out there im in need of help, despite aaaaall the ref shot of fett out there im curious as to how all you ESBers out there have the 2 waist pouches (the big ones on the sides) connected to your suits. i cant see any way of stringing them on the ammo belt as there is no room, unless there some hidden loops somewhere. o the woes of being an ESBer.......

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back