Official Thread - Helmet

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
WHOOOOAAA!!! That's one huge pic! :)

Yeah, there were a couple pics on Jango Bear's reference site that seemed to indicate Jango's RF had LEDs. But, Mirax's pics are much more conclusive!

http://www.jangobear.com/ref/page_09.htm (The image in the upper-left corner, and the one directly below it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
To me it doesn't look like the rangefinder has real working leds. What it looks like to me is they cast the rangefinder off of one with leds. This just leaves the little bumps on the top. You could put real working leds in but I don't think the real thing did.
Oh and the rubies rangefinder has those little bumps. Glad i didn't modify it yet. :D
my 2 cents worth

I agree, it doesn't look like they are necessarily meant to work. I'd like to put in some blue ones in though, that might be cool.

just to have a third opinion - I don't think they were working lights - but the idea of blue lights is cool while being accurate.

Well, I'm glad I thought to ask. I think I'm going to add blue LED's to my helmet, along with the fans and voice system. I'll be sure to post some pics as soon as they are ready. Thanks everyone

Take that, Lucas films!
What'd you do the weathering with?

Edit
Nevermind, found the answer:
"Liquitex - mars black, raw umber, burnt ambur."

Re: pinstriping

Found the best way on a practise run was...
draw a line with a soft pencil to leave a light guide line mark...
Best way to get it straight for me was to use a credit card as a rule...
gently bend it against the helmet and rule out a striaght line all the way round...
then follow it over with the auto pinstrip.
Work really really well on the practise run!

Also noticed after watching the dvd movie footage on screen and in the bucket head documentary that the top stripe goes all the way round the top without any breaks in it...
IE: over the RF ear peice...not into it.

Ps: found the 1/8th auto pinstripe far too thick!, and went with the double pinstrip combo where theres a 1/8th stripe over top a 1/6th (i think) pinstripe set together into one thick clear tape...
Just cut along both sides of the thinner stripe which leaves you with a nice size and backing paper to peel back as you go...

Mason...

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back