Official Side Arm Thread

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Hey! That's GREAT to know that there is at least one other alternative to the Monteverdi. That Adman pistol looks almost identical...whoever gets it has to post pics so we can compare :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Paid Killer wrote:So... Is Fettpride an ESB man???

Er, Uh, Uhm, NO.

You didn't see anything, you didn't hear anything. THis NEVER HAPPENED :lol:

MaxPlague - I didn't get it anyway, I wasn't willing to pay $60 + for it :lol:

oh man - this is great! I always wondered what that gun I had really was from. I picked mine up at an auction yard for a buck when I was 13 or something because I 'felt' it was good for a Star Wars gun. Of course back then all I wanted to do is play Star Wars... ah - who am I kidding, that's all I want to do now!

Just recently I decided to dig it out and use it as my Fett sidearm. I would love to see the progress picks of your project. I will probably have a tip machined to fit this gun so that may be of interest to other beholders of this gun.

TK581: Don't ya just love diggin something up you saved from years earlier and getting to say "cool, I knew I'd find a use for this someday!"

The modding for mine will be a slow process, but I'll definately keep everyone posted here.

The barrels are removeable on these things, so a new barrel and tip are definately part of the plan.

Fetthunter wrote:Thanks! It was the first resin kit I ever assembled, which just attests to the quality of the kit (see other thread in the WEAPONS section...). I built and painted it in 7 days (spending about 8 hours a day on it). Of course, some of that time was spent on the electronics, and since those are not part of the kit, I shouldn't include them in my time figure. :)

Fetthunter, very nice pics of the EE-3. You do nice work.

Longshot I know and along the fringes of forum decorum, but besides EBay, do know where I can pick up a Resin Kit, or at least a simple DIY tutorial?

While I am going for a custom single drop down rig, using an Blastech Custom E-6 [:D], for my custom Mandalore. It wouldn't hurt to have an actual weapon as a backup. ;)

Not that I know anything but just to broaden the search Ideas beyond the spear gun, but considering they used a Horse girth, could the gun be some type of veterinary injector gun , spring loaded, used to inject medication into animals? Just an idea :confused

Having raised many a horse, no. typically if they use guns for injections they are pnuematic

My ESB hip blaster

Here is my ESB/SOTE Boba Fett Hand Blaster
BobaBlaster01.JPG

I then gave the Blaster a Black primer coat next came the gun black paint.
I weathered it with Humbrol model paint a mix of aluminum, silver and gun metal, the grip was painted Antique Bronze with a new Bronze weathering.
I finished it with a coat of matt varnish and poliched it just a bit to give it that parkerised look real old guns have.

esbPistolChamber.jpg

here you can see the blaster, holstered on Boba Fett in the Bespin freeze chamber

awesome blaster :) Looks like the same kit as mine ;)
That's an excellent paint job. Makes me rethink mine ;)

Is MB still producing these?

Phil

I mailed him a little while ago and he said he still was.

:)

Jer

I don't know were the kit originated from, cause I got the kit true a collector.
All I do know is it toke me a arm and a leg to fill all the air holes in the kit.

lol. Mine was pretty good. A few here and there, particularly on the grip, but figured after it was painted black no one would see it. I used the marmit paint scheme for mine, so the body is rust/bronze and the handle grips are black. Plus since it'll be in the holster for good I'm not too concerned about the general appearance.

Awesome paint job, I really like it :)

Phil

Um, I just noticed this. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think your barrel is on backwards :(

A set of instructions came with mine and instructed me to do it this way:

http://www.journeymanprotector.com/eufett/blaster.jpg

At first I wasn't sure if it was yours or mine, but here's a pic that shows the barrel...

mereel-88.jpg

Not that it's a big deal, the holster covers it all etc. And nobody knows the blaster is there anyway :) And I still really like that color on the blaster. Nice gunmetalish effect :)

Phil

Blast why didn't I see these pictures before
Yep looks like you are right on Phil, I just had a picture of some ones prop to work with :(
Well I guess this would be the model with the silencer then, SOTE look ;)

Even if it is a silenced model, that is still a really awesome blaster duke! as JMP said, excellent paint job! :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back