NEW BOBA FETT ROTJ BUILD

Looking good mjwierzb - wondering what version of Fett you are building? The Jetpack is the Mandolorian pack I believe. Not too familiar with that pack, but the thrusters are IDENTICAL. Are they supposed to be that way with the adjustment knobs on the same side like that...?
Boochman - I was kinda wondering the same thing at first, but then I seen his other pic which shows the rocket and Thrusters. I did note these four areas (Outlined in RED) which are not part of the hero pack...
mjwierzb's Jetpack.jpeg

It could be that it's not quite finished yet. ;)

But it's comin' along! :cool:(y)

Thanks,
-Iron

Boochman - I was kinda wondering the same thing at first, but then I seen his other pic which shows the rocket and Thrusters. I did note these four areas (Outlined in RED) which are not part of the hero pack...
View attachment 203450
It could be that it's not quite finished yet. ;)

But it's comin' along! :cool:(y)

Thanks,
-Iron
I will be filling those 4areas in! But yep maybe he missed the other picture which is all good! Also, my pack may look a little smaller; that’s because I’m around 5’6-5’7 and 24 years old (not that the age matters, just wanted to share) LOL. I’m actually redoing my pack so I’ve already had it on and the size I think fits well for my height.

Got ya! I guess yes, if you’re filling those in then it would be the same pack as the hero. Pretty sure those ribbed areas are the Mandolorian pack, but if you fill them in it should be fine!

I see the “stubs” for the thrusters on the pack, but the thrusters themselves have the adjustment knob on the same side. So when you mount them one will face forward and one will face back...unless I’m seeing that wrong, hahahaha.

Got ya! I guess yes, if you’re filling those in then it would be the same pack as the hero. Pretty sure those ribbed areas are the Mandolorian pack, but if you fill them in it should be fine!

I see the “stubs” for the thrusters on the pack, but the thrusters themselves have the adjustment knob on the same side. So when you mount them one will face forward and one will face back...unless I’m seeing that wrong, hahahaha.
The one is just backwards in the photo, that’s why they look identical! I sprayed them facing the same way for whatever reason LOL.

Attachments

• FFDE7138-E8A2-4A22-BACB-D82A023BD1DB.jpeg
    FFDE7138-E8A2-4A22-BACB-D82A023BD1DB.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 125
Gotcha! Leaves me wondering if mine are incorrect then. Cause unless I'm mistaken the Thrusters shouldn't have anything on the backsides of em'. To be honest I didn't do any kind of research on the backside of the Jetpack. But here is what mine looks like....
Iron's Jetpack - Backside.jpg

But my Front I think looks good....
JP - Front.jpg

Thanks,
-Iron

Gotcha! Leaves me wondering if mine are incorrect then. Cause unless I'm mistaken the Thrusters shouldn't have anything on the backsides of em'. To be honest I didn't do any kind of research on the backside of the Jetpack. But here is what mine looks like....
View attachment 203452

But my Front I think looks good....
View attachment 203453

Thanks,
-Iron
Ahhhh I see now what he’s saying! I didn’t realize that back of the thrusters were flat like that, I’ll have to fill the back markings as well cause mine are not flat on either side, they both have the circular indents on them.

Ahhhh I see now what he’s saying! I didn’t realize that back of the thrusters were flat like that, I’ll have to fill the back markings as well!
So yours are the same on both sides? Interesting - I wonder where the vendor you got this pack from did his research?

I did a bit more digging and here is a reference pic that shows no texture of any kind on the back sides of them thrusters.
Reference Pic.jpg

Thanks,
-Iron

So yours are the same on both sides? Interesting - I wonder where the vendor you got this pack from did his research?

I did a bit more digging and here is a reference pic that shows no texture of any kind on the back sides of them thrusters.
View attachment 203454

Thanks,
-Iron
Right mine are the same on both sides. I’m not sure either in regard to research LOL! Shouldn’t be to difficult to fill those spots in though! It’s a good thing I’m redoing this pack cause originally I had left all that stuff as is but now I’m trying to take it to the next level :)

Glad we are all on the same page, hahahahaha. I think it’s honestly because that is the Mandolorian pack, which according to some of the vendors I follow on IG, have the thruster detail on both sides. This is an image of Manofwars Mando pack. The videos he posts show the 2 sided thrusters.

1608141618782.png

Glad we are all on the same page, hahahahaha. I think it’s honestly because that is the Mandolorian pack, which according to some of the vendors I follow on IG, have the thruster detail on both sides. This is an image of Manofwars Mando pack. The videos he posts show the 2 sided thrusters.

View attachment 203455
Interesting, it’s almost like the guy I got it from just added the missile and couple other small details for the thrusters but it is the same cast he uses for the Mando pack.

Interesting, it’s almost like the guy I got it from just added the missile and couple other small details for the thrusters but it is the same cast he uses for the Mando pack.
Yup, and I only know the ins and outs of the Jetpack because I’ve been working on mine for what feels like an eternity

I know you mentioned your age, and I’m thinking mine will be done when I’m 90 or so...

Hahahahaha, so who made this bad boy!?!

Yup, and I only know the ins and outs of the Jetpack because I’ve been working on mine for what feels like an eternity

I know you mentioned your age, and I’m thinking mine will be done when I’m 90 or so...

Hahahahaha, so who made this bad boy!?!
LOL I think you’ll get it done before then but if that’s the going rate I’ll be 66 by the time its completed, not to mention I still got armor on the way and a helmet! I got it off Etsy from a shop called 3D cauldron. It was around 200 bucks. It’s a nice pack and works for me! Obviously I gotta make some adjustments to kick it up a notch so there will be more to come!

mjwierzb
Not a bad start.
(y)

Kinda funny but I did the weathering on my boots last night as well. here is the 501st's CRL Stock photo of the ROTJ Hero Variant....

View attachment 200112
View attachment 200110

the 501st CRL photo shows some light rusting around the spikes and for that I used a rusting paint kit from Vallejo.
View attachment 200111
other than that I painted on the Black Stripe and then some light dry brushing of white on the black stripe. I used my airbrush to mist on black along the lower portions of the boot all around and actual dirt from outside. Oh also inbetween the toe spikes there was a dark grey rectangle that seemed to be painted on so I did that as well. ;)

The White Strapping I was able to get from Hobby Lobby. I bought 1 yards worth of strapping (Which for me was more than enough) and had my alterations gal sew it onto my Man of War Studios Jetpack Harness.

But I'm liking the way yours is shaping up! Keep going!

Thanks,
-Iron
Who makes these boots?

12/22 - filled some apoxie to the areas that needed to be corrected for a more accurate Boba jet pack. I’ll let it dry and then sand off the excess!

Attachments

• 8B0AA49D-A30A-419B-A4B4-CA34C8B9333F.jpeg
    8B0AA49D-A30A-419B-A4B4-CA34C8B9333F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 137
  • BC5F4ED4-6F5F-437E-B3CD-A2D00855BD9D.jpeg
    BC5F4ED4-6F5F-437E-B3CD-A2D00855BD9D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back