ddsWSog.jpg

bwS9iTt.jpg

bxgBKTo.jpg

yroLh9t.jpg

aCKvnvD.jpg

YqfYqgr.jpg

uJH0fkS.jpg

w5OvboS.jpg

Fantastic! This has been a great build to follow. I know it feels great to finally get it all on after all that work. Good luck with the submission, keep us posted!

Some interesting dates:

May 31st 2016 Rick receives his first Boba Parts and starts a build thread on Ner website.

June 21 2016 Rick submits his approval photos.

June 25 2016 Rick comments on his build thread about hoping to be approved for upcoming Heroes and Villains Troop. This would be his last post in the thread.

June 26 2018(3 years and 1 day after that post, I submit my approval photos.

July 3 2016 Rick wears his Boba for the first time at Heroes and Villains. That means he was approved somewhere between June 26 and July 3. The exact same time period I am currently waiting in. Weird right?

July 9 2016 Rick wears his Boba for the 2nd and last time at GSCF

July 10 2016 Rick introduces himself on the Bounty Hunters Guild detachment forums as an approved Boba.

July 14 2016 Rick passes and Brian Alpha posts on the Ner as well as the BHG about his passing.

October 27 2018 Taylor announces the auction for Ricks Boba.

November 5 2018 I win the auction for the armor

November 11 2018 I picked up the armor from Nancy and tried it on for the first time at Toycon.

November 25 2018 I start my build threads on Ner, Bhg, and TDH.

June 26 I submit my approval photos

Fantastic! This has been a great build to follow. I know it feels great to finally get it all on after all that work. Good luck with the submission, keep us posted!
Wowo thank you so much. I hope it was entertaining at least lol. I know my videos are long but if you can get through them I hope they help. Thank you.

Best of luck to you! It looks great, and your buddies are awesome for rolling with the punches during your test fitting.

Gotta be tough to spend so much time on this stuff, only to break parts during the fitting cause you’re excited to throw it on...

Best of luck to you! It looks great, and your buddies are awesome for rolling with the punches during your test fitting.

Gotta be tough to spend so much time on this stuff, only to break parts during the fitting cause you’re excited to throw it on...
It's been a nightmare, my friends are the best to be patient with me

So yesterday I went over to Justin and Naomis with Albert and we used his green screen to take some new submission photos. I was told to make a few changes:

1 lower the jet pack a few inches

2 more weathering on the side pouches of the ammo belt

3 more weathering on the cape (this was not from my gml but another boba so I agreed and did it)

4 when I take my new photos put the girth belt above the ammo belt like in the CRL photo.

I spent the day lowering the pack and got from here to here:

JnMJBqo.jpg

Fzhe7fq.jpg

Here is the weathering updates

K1PWfP9.jpg

4PpG3kG.jpg

I am going to show the new submission photos in the next post. For now I want to tell a little story. It will be explained in the video, but those in the know and observant people will notice something in these photos Rick took during his build

EFlmjtl.jpg

F7AgBRK.jpg

x113Tiv.jpg

Here are a few from my build. Notice anything?

pHVQyVY.jpg

5Y80mgj.jpg

Watch the video for something freaky that happened tonight
p4Rhe6W.jpg

Girthbelt/ammobelt location

I have seen most Bobas wear their girthbelt below their ammo belt. You can see this also in many movie shots. The CRL model now shows his girth above the ammo belt. (The last CRL photo had it below.) I noticed in a lot of the "staged" standing still photos, the girth was indeed above the ammo belt quite often, but in the movie because of movement it often almost always shows below. I believe the CRL model was looking at one of these "posed" reference photos when he took the CRL shots and thats why it shows above.

My GML was looking at the CRL photo for reference and was asking mw to move my girth above my ammo. Here was my first submission photo with it below.

WJdm28n.jpg

Here it is above. I could have pulled the ammo belt up a little higher as to not show quite as much red

V0YMjFT.jpg

So we talked about it at length and ultimately they decided that it is a belt and it will move around. Sometimes it shows red on top sometimes it shows below. So they are not using this to disqualify my approval. So here are my new photos.

Cu8qqXH.jpg

bqTYTbw.jpg

OF4n73M.jpg

Zgsi8KW.jpg

MXKy396.jpg

KxkBi0p.jpg

QN226Ta.jpg

0GAePEn.jpg

nbGCI3y.jpg

I dont have an accurate blaster but for fun we used my hasbro to take this

brJ97rj.jpg

So we wait and see!

May 31st 2016 Rick receives his first Boba Parts and starts a build thread on Ner website.
June 21 2016 Rick submits his approval photos.
June 25 2016 Rick comments on his build thread about hoping to be approved for upcoming Heroes and Villains Troop. This would be his last post in the thread.
June 26 2018(3 years and 1 day after that post, I submit my approval photos.
July 3 2016 Rick wears his Boba for the first time at Heroes and Villains. That means he was approved somewhere between June 26 and July 3. The exact same time period I am currently waiting in. Weird right?
July 9 2016 Rick wears his Boba for the 2nd and last time at GSCF
July 10 2016 Rick introduces himself on the Bounty Hunters Guild detachment forums as an approved Boba.
July 14 2016 Rick passes and Brian Alpha posts on the Ner as well as the BHG about his passing.
October 27 2018 Taylor announces the auction for Ricks Boba.
November 5 2018 I win the auction for the armor
November 11 2018 I picked up the armor from Diane and tried it on for the first time at Toycon.
November 25 2018 I start my build threads on Ner, Bhg, and TDH.
May 4 2019 Sue passes away. Ironically 3 years to the day I met her. She was wearing a Star Wars shirt. It was May the Fourth Be with you day.
June 26 I submit my approval photos
June 27 I make corrections and re-submit

YEEEESSSSSS! I’m at work so I can’t watch the video yet, but obviously the remote control is something that’s a cross-thread between your build and ricks! Congratulations to you - it looks great man!!!

YEEEESSSSSS! I’m at work so I can’t watch the video yet, but obviously the remote control is something that’s a cross-thread between your build and ricks! Congratulations to you - it looks great man!!!
Haha it is! Watch the video when you can and I’ll explain it thank you so much you’ve been so supportive

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back