My Rick Massa Shadowfax ROTJ Armor Build Thread

The armor looks a lot better !
If the armor is anchored on the vest, it is in need of realignment and re-spacing.
You might go the Gallery and use some of the reference pics to help.
Thank you!
No I just rested it on top it is not anchored yet I’m going to do that this weekend. I just wanted to see what it would look like on the vest.

Looking great. Was going to ask if it was just rested on vest.
Out of interest do you know what attachment/fastening method you are going to use?

MinaFett yes jewelry pins with locking backs. They just got delivered after I had finished painting. Going to start prepping them tonight by sanding the backs of the pins and the area of the armor where they will go. I will attach them using a two-part epoxy.

It's really coming together! Glad to see you were able to locate a smaller shank bit to fit in your drill. If you across this issue for other bits. Ryobi do make socket/shank adaptors. Bunnings in my country stock them I'm guessing masters would be the closest match in your country?

pFJdQ4I.jpg

So the CRL now states that the hip pouches are 2 different colors. The right is beige and the left is off white. Both of Ricks were beige so I need to use bleach to try to get the other back to white. Here is the before and after:

U6xnKIS.jpg

and mine next to the CRL:

kPc4oeT.jpg

They will need more weathering but i think I have the color down.

Here is the video of the process:

Ugh the new CLR means I have to dye my right pouch beige lol Dying my flight suit wasn't the most fun but I guess its all a learning experience! Hopefully the material Arkady uses for her pouches are considered to be "off white" enough that I don't have to do any bleaching to the left pouch....if bleaching would even work lol

Ugh the new CLR means I have to dye my right pouch beige lol Dying my flight suit wasn't the most fun but I guess its all a learning experience! Hopefully the material Arkady uses for her pouches are considered to be "off white" enough that I don't have to do any bleaching to the left pouch....if bleaching would even work lol
Well now I have new problems. Even though the text says “off-white” it’s not really off-white. It’s more light gray. I’m talking about the one I bleached. It needs to be Pantone 7535C which is more of a gray not a white,so right now I’m standing at my stove about to dye it gray :(

So in yesterday's video you saw me bleach the left hip pouch to off white as per the text and photo in the crl but I neglected to check the pantone color which is actually more gray. Someone showed me a reference photo and it is indeed gray not white as it is in the picture. i am told those pictures will be changed. I beg the 501st to remove any and all pictures which are inaccurate so I and others don't make anymore costly mistakes. SO here are the photos and video of those changes

TdFIJnF.jpg

bK87VSQ.jpg

X2oOU5v.jpg

Ok I finally had the pantones on the bags I thought I nailed it and then I was told it was wrong, not to actually print pantone colors off the computer and that they are not literal just a basic starting point. That was NOT how I was meant to feel. I feel like people were speaking these pantones as Gospell and even more important than the photos. So someone sent me this picture which is a pre-pro fett wearing ROTJ pouches. You can clearly see they are khaki and grey not beige and off white:

ojMoi1v.jpg

So I ordered fabric close to these which I should have soon in case I need to rebuild these from scratch. I also got 2 free cloth samples to help me try to PAINT THESE BAGS AGAIN FOR THE 5th TIME.

ugh.

enjoy
After I reposted the new paintjob someone showed me this great photo which I had not seen:

9B2c1Er.jpg

Here is my 5th version:

NNzFosU.jpg

So I will airbrush saturday and finish these up.

I hope.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back