My First Build!

theriddickles

Jr Hunter
So I've just ordered items for my first build ! I'm going to build an ESB fett. : ]
I was on whitearmor and was ready to build a stormtrooper for my first build. But ever since I was a kid I've always loved seeing Boba Fett. Always thought he was easily the coolest looking character in star wars. I was daunted by how hard it seemed to build (good looking) fett armor. I'm still nervous about it.

But with this great site and all you awesome people I'm sure I can do it!
I'm also lucky enough to have friends who will be able to help me.

I've ordered a helmet, boots, shin tools, a cape, and all armor pieces.
I'd also like to order a jet pack. Any recommendations ? I'm thinking of asking Boba Maker at the moment.

Anyway looking forward to posting my progress and receiving more great information from you guys.

Cheers !

Looking forward to seeing this build take place as I am new to the scene and probably require all the info and tips you will ask over the build

Looking forward to seeing this build take place as I am new to the scene and probably require all the info and tips you will ask over the build

I'll definitely keep you posted. I've been looking at instructables a lot as there are some good tips for painting the costume on there. Also various threads with helpful tips on this forum.
Well my armor will be arriving first and my helmet a couple weeks later. I'm going to get started after new years and I'll definitely keep you guys updated.

Question 1.

which way have you decided to go with the armour ? And which supplier ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Question 1.

which way have you decided to go with the armour ? And which supplier ?

my friend built an amazing boba fett and completed his build 2 months ago. although a lot of people frown on it, he got his stuff from a guy called manofwarstudios on ebay.
i ordered my armor there. a lot of the other pieces we're going to make ourselves (such as the blaster and jet pack).

my friend built an amazing boba fett and completed his build 2 months ago. although a lot of people frown on it, he got his stuff from a guy called manofwarstudios on ebay.
i ordered my armor there. a lot of the other pieces we're going to make ourselves (such as the blaster and jet pack).
MOW is a great seller here who is probably the only one aside from mojo that you can trust on eBay.

Great choice on ESB!
Bobamaker does make a very nice jetpack, pretty lengthy wait, but this is one to not get in too much of a hurry. Nothing wrong with the MOW pack, but they're heavy, as they are thick resin.

Great choice on ESB!
Bobamaker does make a very nice jetpack, pretty lengthy wait, but this is one to not get in too much of a hurry. Nothing wrong with the MOW pack, but they're heavy, as they are thick resin.

yeah i was lucky enough to look at a completed armor set from MOW a few days ago. it was a little heavy but no big deal. It looked great and felt durable.
ESB to me looks better than ROTJ. I'm not a fan of all the extra colors. ESB looks more like a military suit and hey...ESB was my favorite of the OT. : ]

i talked to bobamaker and he quoted a year to get it sent to me. that's just too long. I know he makes amazing stuff and i'm not trying to rush this but i was thinking of building my own.

Ok. So far I've got my helmet, armor, cape, and shin tools. Just now i've also ordered gauntlets and pieces to make the blaster rifle. I'm going to start painting my helmet next week : D

I'm in the same boat you are, trying to figure out the best way to go for a jetpack. DVH looks like the route I'll go, just saving up :D

Good luck with the build, keep us posted.

Ok. So far I've got my helmet, armor, cape, and shin tools. Just now i've also ordered gauntlets and pieces to make the blaster rifle. I'm going to start painting my helmet next week : D

Hi there also a newbie here from the UK can you tell me where you got your parts from please.
Regards
Anthony

Hi there also a newbie here from the UK can you tell me where you got your parts from please.
Regards
Anthony

Sure. Most of my stuff I've purchased on Ebay through ManOfWarStudios. He's also here on thedentedhelmet. I purchased a cold cast helmet on Etsy. I really like it. Looks good and has a good semi-metallic feel.
Looking forward to getting into some painting and weathering soon. I'm also waiting for a blaster I've ordered. I purchased that one on Etsy but I can't tell you yet if it's worth buying since I haven't received it yet. I might need to make a few adjustments once I have it. One thing you can always do is ask around here after you've found something online and get opinions on the quality or the reliability of the seller before you make the purchase. Everyone on here is very helpful and there's some knowledgeable folks.

OK so here's an update. Gonna start sanding and prepping some of my stuff to be painted in a few days. I ordered a blaster from etsy without asking here on TDH first...which was a mistake. It's no good. So yesterday I ordered an ESB blaster kit from MLS here on TDH. Really excited to get it. I've also ordered a jet pack kit from Darth Voorhees. It should get here in the summertime. Anyway...

So far I've recieved the following things that need sanding..primer..paint..and/or weathering. This is the stuff I'll be working on first, along with my blaster.

Helmet
dc1cc11a-b1fb-498c-985d-4b8069732d28.jpg

Shin Tools
fafdsfsdf.jpg

ESB Cape from MOW studios

456d2df7-d786-4f1c-b8b2-ae085b6b2392.jpg

Gloves from ManOfWarStudios (Large)

c8468189-4aff-48bd-90a4-a075c11672f1.jpg

Now I've also got my armor (minus kneepads). Didn't take a pic of that stuff yet because I don't want to take it out of the packaging until I start working on it.

I've purchased and am waiting for delivery of my boots as well. I've also ordered ESB Gauntlets from ManOfWarStudios that should be arriving in about a week.

Once I start working on this stuff I'll post more pics for you guys!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back