MS3 #8

fettswatcop

Active Hunter
Finally completed to a respectible point to post. Still needs a touch here and there. The flash took alot of the wash away. This is actually the second paint job on this bucket. For some reason, I think it was the sandable primer I used or bad paint, made the paint on top bubble up and spider web. I sanded and started over. Paint was done by cans and layers. Thanks to all for their advise and thanks for looking.

front2.jpg

front1.jpg

left.jpg

back.jpg

right.jpg

dent.jpg

Nice job!

I understand the paint spidering... Did you use a base of one brand (Rustoleum, etc.) and then topcoat with another? (like Krylon)? My chest armor did that and ticked me off big time cuz I couldn't find the colors I needed in one brand...

of course if the spider webbing is part of the sun/ flame weathering your looking for noy you know how to acheive it. It' ont effect that looks authentic to those not in the know.

fettswatcop said:
lesson learned.....dont mix different brands of spray paint, shake the cans prior to spraying, and dont eat yellow snow. :lol:

What...what's wrong with yellow snow?

Nice bucket!!(y)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back