Making some gauntlets

That's probably the one piece I let slide as for my anal -accuracy -obsessive -cumpulsive -attention to detail :eek: I am using the same thing I used before. Drain tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know.... what am I thinking. Why stop at uber extreme analism? :lol:

Yeah.. the gauntlets, hand, and thumb guards are available. Honestly though I can't say I enjoy making them ;) .... they take about 10 hours to make the raw kit and I waste a lot of material and stir up a lot of dust :) ... but they are ready :)
I just finished a set for a member in Germany and sent to Albin to deliver :)

Well I got my early X-Mas present today!!! (y) (y) (y)

Now I have officially run out of excuses to finishing my Zam! Well... except for the abundance of free time I suppose. Don't have a lot of that... but I have all the parts, just need to get them all put together now!

Thanks Cal... these gauntlets are gorgeous!!! :D

love to upgrade jamie's to some of his but that wont happen...not with jango and her getting a sand trooper together..LOL plus im thinking based on his greeb i have the gauntlets may be too small for jamie anyway...and heck...i think the ones we made look pretty good...need to be thinned out still but thats just a bit of dremel work

glad you got your gauntlets now MM...no more excuses!

Yes.... get that zam done once and for all won't ya??? ;) hehe... just kidding.... I know I'm partly to blame!! I'm sorry for taking so long with your gauntlets. That goes for all of this last batch... plus your holster Luara....:(

This was the latest batch of gauntlets:

zamgauntletssm.jpg

Man.. these things are not any fun to make whatsoever. Lots of resin dust and sitting for hours with the dremel.

Cal... it's not your fault I'm a lazy ... erm... never mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: Honestly, I am getting there... I'm just slow. ;)

And while it may not be fun making those gauntlets... they sure are fantastic! (y)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm me wanty!!! Did i miss the price of them somewhere?

Come on MM - you have no excuses now!! Dont make me come over there and whip you, "mix that purple dye faster!!!! Cut more squares ... more!!!! That lace isnt long enough... go go GO!!!!!!" :)

hey mm, you better seriously hurry before the DH deletes the zam part of this forum..LOL

cal..you tempt me with those pictures...what are the ID of the gauntlets?

Skirt's done!!! Mwwhahaaa!! I'm half done with the chest armor... need to dye/sew the vest and sew the bodysuit and now the gauntlets and I'm pretty well done! That and finish the Xmas stuff and organize my life... and write the great American fan-fic novel and redesign a SW site and...and...and... *faints away from fatigue*

JD...Shhh!!!! They wouldn't DARE delete this forum... Too many blasters and lightsabers here for them to do that!! :D

Thanks Cal! I just picked up my package. Thanks so much - it all looks fantastic! I'm also out of excuses for being able to start this costume now that I have all the pieces.

I have a question about the 2 piece gauntlet. I see that the large upper section *should* be able to slide off. Mine is such a tight fit, it doesn't seem to want to slide off at all. I feel like something will snap or break because I'm forcing it. What is the trick?

It's just really snug. They're strong. You can just work it side to side and it should slide off. I made it tight on purpose. You may decide to dremel a little more out of the inside because once you wrap it with leather it will make it even more tight. The problem is because the top of the lower piece tapers up to a wider diameter at the top but when it's together it needs to be snug where the upper part stops.... make sens? ;)

They better not delete the zam forums!

I wish they would add a Boushh forum!!!

I'm getting ready to start sculpting that helmet and armor soon... very soon.. now that I've discovered most of the parts and have measurements of the original :)

They better not delete the zam forums!

I wish they would add a Boushh forum!!!

I'm getting ready to start sculpting that helmet and armor soon... very soon.. now that I've discovered most of the parts and have measurements of the original :)

Ohhhh Cal! I'll love you even more forever if you are able to sculpt the Boushh armor to fit girls that have a errrrmmmm.....chest.

Thanks Cal, I was able to carefully slide and pry the two gauntlet pieces apart.

I know the photo of the screen used gauntlet didn't appear to have anything inside... but my arms are kind of on the scrawny side. Have people been adding any kind of foam padding inside to help keep them in place? I know the gloves should help take up some space, but my hands are small too. (speaking of which, I forgot I still need to look for gloves!)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back