M_S 2

MS,

That thing's coming along beautifully! Is there a way to get a pic or two a few inches farther away? The closeups are nice for detail, but I think they're distorting/skewing the helmet a bit, in reference to the front visor width I mentioned earlier.

Are the mandibles still parallel to each other?

Sorry if I seem to be nagging on this...

Pics look OK. Bit I gotta agree with the others. There are so many great options regarding helmets at the moment that it does seem a bit redundant.

No offence.

Plus the dome looks waaay different now. Not sure that was the way to go.

On a positive slant though. The keyslots look pretty good. Good job there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I still need to clarify this, hmmm, the helmet was something I made up for fun. Just did work on it as I had time. I'll be the first to admit that it's not screen accurate. If I had wanted a screen accurate helmet I wouldn't have touched a thing. I simply decided to make up a cleaner slightly larger (it's really only about 5mm bigger) helmet for a few guys that wanted one. It is in NO WAY meant to be the definitive Boba Bucket. What it is though, is a clean, well made reproduction that is quite affordable compared to some of the other kits. I take no offence from comments everyone is entitled to there own opinions, and if your happy with your current helmet that's great. I'm not trying to throw it in your faces.

Bat ninja, the mandibles are not quite parallel, but after trimming out one of the helmets. I find that it makes no difference when fitting in a visor. They come together great.

Hey MS, Your efforts and work cannot be more applauded. Now, did you preserve the molds of the original helmet, in case someone wants the old one? :)

Trooper TK409 said:
Hey MS, Your efforts and work cannot be more applauded. Now, did you preserve the molds of the original helmet, in case someone wants the old one? :)

Absolutely Chris. Did you get your bucket yet?

webchief said:
Probably because no offense to anyone here but there are so many great options available. That and its getting a bit redundant. What I mean by that is... I've got a MSH2 and love it. I think its personally the closest thing to the real deal I've ever seen in person. I'm not going to sell it and buy a whole new helmet just because of a few minor sculpting changes.... just not worth it.

Again... no offense to ANYONE regarding helmets because there is so much great work done here. I just can't justify buying a new helmet because this has a one piece earcap or something.

Everytime someone sculpts a new helmet everyone jumps all over it saying its the best thing since sliced bread and then something else comes out. :lol:

:angry Normally I would not respond to anything that does Not HELP the thread (as you can tell by my history).....BUT......Without missing up Marrows thread, I have to say "Webchief" your comments about MARROWS helmet are really unnessary....I mean just because you SAY you mean "no offense to ANYONE" doesn't mean NO one will take offense. And it doesn't give you the right to call out people who CHOOSE to purchase more than one helmet that's better that than last one they had.
I mean Just because it 's not justifiable to you to upgrade doesn't mean others feel the same as you.....or care that you think it's justifiable....

Like the greatest helmet has already been made, right?? So I guess there's NO point in trying to continue to make a better one..or a "MORE AFFORDABLE" helmet. Which by the way if you read Marrows comments shows that "Affrodable" is what he is tring to do....
Besides it's not like everyone here had an Opportunity to purchase an MSH2, and those that did didn't want to get our eyes-poked with WAY OVER PRICING.

My point is WHY make a comment at all if it doesn't help MARROW with actual valid Opinons about his helmet...

"A Great Opinon is always needed and appeciated, but a sorry comment is just unnessary and a waste of a good thread".....Which the reason I'm not going to respond to any comments after I post this BTW.

I've said this before; This is the main reason I hate to posting anything, Because people post the most unnessary Sarcastic comments that DON'T HELP.....Which is want we are suppose to be doing here.

Can you tell I had a bad day at work...:facepalm .

Sorry MARROW.

Spidey... PM Sent!

I made my comments based on a comment by someone else who was surprised that people weren't jumping all over the helmet. I offered my reason why I wouldn't and speculated that it might be why others weren't as well. Interesting how someone else agreed two posts later but you didn't see fit to publicly attack them. :angry

Sorry for the interruption folks... not my intention no matter what Spidey seems to think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spideyfett,

Yes, we can see you had a bad day at work but please do not take it on your brothers here at TDH. I think you have misunderstood what wc wrote. If you look at it again, I think you will see he is simply stating his opinion in regards to why he will not be purchasing a MS2 (not to mention that MS has already said he isn't really doing a run of these...) He is not condemning those who do. You have attributed a massive amount of derogatory comments to wc that he never made or implied. I believe wc would tell you ( and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, wc) that if you have the money and feel compelled to upgrade each and every time something new comes out then more power to you, but he is satisfied with his MSH2. Nothing more than that. I would caution everyone to think very carefully about what you say, especially if it is negative, before you post it. This is the second incidence we have had like this within a week. Please do not make me start issuing sedatives or the dreadded "be happy and friendly" pills I issue to the admin staff each day...

Hey Guys I appriciate all the good stuff thats been said and I'm always open to constructive critism. The only point/perspectice I'd like to leave you with is an example. Lets say when Henery Ford created the Model T in 1908 people were content the drive it forever without any variety. There just isn't 1 car for every driver. Variety is the spice of life.

Don't Worry....Be happy :p

MARROW SUN said:
Absolutely Chris. Did you get your bucket yet?

There...is...another...bucket?

I seem to remember, but can't put my finger on any pics. MS, do you have a link to the other style?

I never thought I'd hear complaints about TOO MANY good helmets to choose from, around here.
smilie_lol.gif

That is a very nice helmet, I like the flat dome helmet better but like you said that is a different version some people might prefere.

:cry :love :cry ... sometimes being on this forum makes me wanna flush my Rubies thingy down the drain...

Hey man,
Don't diss what you have. If you could only get a Rubies at the time and you put the time and effort into it to bring it up to your own satisfaction, be happy.
The cool thing is we all have different levels within our own critiques and preferences of our own costumes. It is an addiction too.
I was considering purchasing a cast set of shin tools and then after talking to a friend decided, "Why purchase a cast set when your only going to upgrade that at a later time and the cost of the parts will almost equal each other whether it is a cast VS the real deal?"
I could have just got the casting but my anal nature just ate at me causing me to go ahead and make the purchase. LOL

You're right man!

My first bucket was a Don Post 97 from Ebay (yes. that classic!).

I sanded and sanded it to try and change the dome.

I replaced the visor with some tinted film and hand painted it. I thought it looked awesome at the time.....but in hindsight, it kinda sucked.

I wish I had pix.

It all boils down to, we all have different levels of perfection. If it floats your boat then that's all that counts! :)

I'm working on a K3PO head at the moment. But I guess this isn't the thread (or forum) to post pics.

Plus I'm a newbie and don't have a clue how to!

:lol:

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back