Looking for some Boba or Mandalorian (Din Djarin) armor...

Frogfreak

Hunter
Hey, I'm on a small budget and i was wondering if anybody is willing to part with some "old" Boba or Mandalorian armor/helmets for cheap. It doesn't have to be perfect, i just wanna attempt to do my first paintup, and cosplay!

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Hey there.

In case you dont have luck turning someone up in short order who wants to part with some armor, I would advise you keep an eye on the cargo hold section of the forum and wait if something turns up.

Alternatively, you could try and make the armor yourself. The templates needed are here on TDH.

Also, what version of Boba do you want to make?

Last edited:
Where abouts do you live?
TX

Hey there.

In case you dont have luck turning someone up in short order who wants to part with some armor, I would advise you keep an eye on the cargo hold section of the forum and wait if something turns up.

Alternatively, you could try and make the armor yourself. The templates needed are here on TDH.

Also, what version of Boba do you want to make?
Unfortunately almost everything in the cargo hold will be out of my budget. Anyway, I'm preferably doing ESB.

There is also information here that can show you how to build your very own..

Its how I started
If it comes down to it, I think I won't have any choice.

Maybe this thread wasn't actually a good idea....

One day you will have a nice job working for the man, and you'll have the money you need but not the time to work on the build. :lol:
Yeah, pretty much.

Hey everyone, i made this thread in excitement and impatience. i new i probably wouldn't be able to afford anything listed. I really don't intend be sounding whiny, but i was just too impatient.

Yeah, pretty much.

Hey everyone, i made this thread in excitement and impatience. i new i probably wouldn't be able to afford anything listed. I really don't intend be sounding whiny, but i was just too impatient.

No apology necessary! Ultimately this whole thing is about creativity in one way or another... I'm sure you'll find a way forward that will serve you well.

Yeah, pretty much.

I reccomend buying a couple sheets of sintra (expanded PVC foam.) It's pretty cheap, becomes malleable with little heat, and is easy to cut, sand, and paint. Totally a fantastic material for armor making. If there's a sign making shop near you I'd go check as well, some will have scrap material they'll give to you for free. It's harder to make a helmet, but it's doable. Making Boba-style armor out of sintra is a absolute breeze once you get some practice in!

I reccomend buying a couple sheets of sintra (expanded PVC foam.) It's pretty cheap, becomes malleable with little heat, and is easy to cut, sand, and paint. Totally a fantastic material for armor making. If there's a sign making shop near you I'd go check as well, some will have scrap material they'll give to you for free. It's harder to make a helmet, but it's doable. Making Boba-style armor out of sintra is a absolute breeze once you get some practice in!
I've looked around, i've looked around for good templates, but i feel like my eyes are too tired to find 'em. i could use some fresh eyes to find the best (free) armor templates. Help is welcome! ;)

I could use some ideas for the helmet though, i would do the helmet building thing, but that didn't go very well, and it was not very fun.

Actually, i think i'm gonna turn things around and do Mando's armor. Are there templates for that armor?
With having a hard time with building a helmet... building mandos armor is going to be alot more difficult then bobas. Take some time and search, asking for people to just spoon feed you all the info is not the way to go about building your suit watching youtube videos and reading how others have built their costumes will teach you a lot.

With having a hard time with building a helmet... building mandos armor is going to be alot more difficult then bobas. Take some time and search, asking for people to just spoon feed you all the info is not the way to go about building your suit watching youtube videos and reading how others have built their costumes will teach you a lot.
Yeah, my real issue with doing the helmet was with doing the Bondo, it didn't mix fully, And I don't think the weather was ideal for it. Plus my printer I think decided to print the templates undersized. But your right, I just need to get up, stop being lazy, and just do the research myself.

Templates exist for the armor if you wanted to make it out of a plastic trash bin, EVA foam, or whatever. If you're concerned about cost and a learning curve then I would recommend that you look into going one of those routes for your initial go.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back