Looking for Official thread showing inside of Bucket

Gonzo Fett

Active Hunter
Hey all I been searching the threads and have had no luck of finding a thread showing all of your buckets from the inside. I am curious to see how each of you take care of the foaming/padding issue, as well as cosmetics :)

Well if you can point me to the thread of post the inside of your bucket that would be swell!

all my best

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
i don't have any pics because it's not a pretty sight! i can describe it though.

i have built up a collection of grey packing foam. ibm uses a great medium density dark grey foam to pad everything, so whenever we open up gear at work, i steal the packing stuff.

on the inside of the dome i put a layer of egg crate type foam. it's really thin, probably 3/4" at the thickest point. this was just the right thickness when compressed by the weight of it to get the eye slit at the right height for my head.

there's also a layer of this on the back, at the keyhole area.

along the inside of the brow there's a 2" wide strip of 1" thick foam that runs the length of the eye slit, plus about 1/2" on either side.

on both sides there is a rectangle of roughly 1.25" thick foam, maybe 4"x5" overall.

this will be revised once i add a couple of fans in there, but for now it's working out ok.

this is inside an msh2 helmet.

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
some household sponges kitted into the right places (try with double sided tape first) is all you need for a liner... hmm... for the rest?? primer bits, spray bits, glued in visor... ugly thing to see on the inside!! :)

(Myn is even worse on the inside when I wear it!! :p )

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Gonzo,
I have a pic (among many others) of my interior on my thread. Search for "superjedi's M_S 2" and you should find it.

Eric

bneally

New Hunter
Inside of helmet2.jpg

This is the inside of my helmet. It is a Rubies, which I don't mind because I have a fairly small head. The only major challenge with them, is the shape. I have a 1/8" peice of steel flat stock that is holding the flair of the mask. I also have 2 computer fans mounted with twin 9 volts wired to one push-button on/off switch. I know there is a lot of people that favor the foam for the inside fit, but I bought a safety hat at a home improvement store for 12 bucks that had this very comfortable and adjustable helmet liner and I really like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

nightseye

Hunter
Hi Gonzo

here are some pics of mine. :D
I had a thread up a few weeks back as I was doing a run of these. I can do some more, if anyone would like? Should be able to get them out quite quickly.
PM me if interested

Dom (BH7866)

fett.2.jpg

the kit
Img_10162small.jpg

The rest of the interior was made out of modelling clay and just bits&bobs found lying around. So can't really make more of those unfortunately.

I also set up the inside of my trooper helmet. I do a kit for these too.
helmet.4.jpg

rear.24.jpg

Img_1215small.jpg