Looking for a Kid’s $100 Boba Fett Costume to go with Black Series Helmet

abigballs

New Hunter
My 6 year old son is getting a boba fett black series helmet for his birthday. We want to purchase the other parts of the costume for around $100. We don’t need anything high end but hoping for something better quality than what I’m currently finding on line. For example the Disney outlets had some good quality Darth Vader and Storm Trooper costumes in that price range (that he loves) but they don’t make any for Boba Fett. Any recommendations?

i haven't had the opportunity to recommend a set of trash can armor to someone in a very long time, and this is the perfect chance. Trash can armor used to be something a lot of people used to do around here for their kids, or their first set of armor, something to practice on. You download the WoF templates (found here UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes) then transfer them onto a 13 gallon bin, cut out the pieces and paint them up. here's the old school tutorial TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS*

for your young man, you might want to consider doing just the chest and shoulders and attach them to a t-shirt. between that, the helmet, and a toy blaster, your son will be off on bounty hunting adventures in a galaxy far away all over the house.

i haven't had the opportunity to recommend a set of trash can armor to someone in a very long time, and this is the perfect chance. Trash can armor used to be something a lot of people used to do around here for their kids, or their first set of armor, something to practice on. You download the WoF templates (found here UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes) then transfer them onto a 13 gallon bin, cut out the pieces and paint them up. here's the old school tutorial TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS*

for your young man, you might want to consider doing just the chest and shoulders and attach them to a t-shirt. between that, the helmet, and a toy blaster, your son will be off on bounty hunting adventures in a galaxy far away all over the house.

originally I was just hoping to buy something, and just slightly better than a Halloween costume, but this is so much cooler. I told my son and he is super pumped to make his own costume! Thanks for loading the links, I’m not that handy of a person, but this looks pretty easy. You are the man!

I’m running into a few questions. The trash can armor seems rather stiff and I doubt it will wrap around his body by simply bending it. Do you think it will be uncomfortable? In hindsight I think using the design on a lighter material like foam board might have worked better. Also how will the armor attach to the shirt And pants? Do you recommend Velcro?

A few variations I’m making

1. Adding black padding behind the armor so it isn’t rubbing into his skin.

2. The yellow portions on the shoulders and knees seem like they will rub the most, so I’m planning on doing cloth.

I still have to do the collar and the rest of the back, but here is the progress.

Link to pictures

Pics will be required. My first set of armor was trash can years ago. It’s fun to make your own and if you mess up your not out that much money. Sinatra is also a good material to use, albeit more expensive. If you need help, don’t hesitate to ask.

I remember using this for my first armor in middle school. Haha good times!
Trash can armor FTW!

I’m running into a few questions. The trash can armor seems rather stiff and I doubt it will wrap around his body by simply bending it. Do you think it will be uncomfortable? In hindsight I think using the design on a lighter material like foam board might have worked better. Also how will the armor attach to the shirt And pants? Do you recommend Velcro?

A few variations I’m making

1. Adding black padding behind the armor so it isn’t rubbing into his skin.

2. The yellow portions on the shoulders and knees seem like they will rub the most, so I’m planning on doing cloth.

I still have to do the collar and the rest of the back, but here is the progress.

Link to pictures
You're going to want to heat the pieces with a hair dryer to get them to bend into the shape that'll conform to the body. Bend it more than what you need, because it will "bounce" back. As it cools You probably need to heat and bend it a few time before it gets there.

You'll need sew in and sticky back velcro. Sew the hook side onto the shirt and use the sticky back loop side on the armor.

If he wears a grey sweat shirt and pants under the armor vest that should be enough padding to keep it from rubbing anywhere too much.

I'd suggest you skip the knees, those are a royal pain to make. Maybe make some pads out of foam, elastic, and fabric. Though if you spray paint the foam, be sure to give it a coat of Elmer's glue first, spray paint propellant likes to eat most types of foam. Same for the gauntlets, green fabric sewn onto the sleeve of the sweat shirt.

You might want to do the cod piece with a pair of green shorts instead of plastic which could poke and pinch. Do it like superman.

I know it's a little late in the game and he wanted to make his own armor, but there's also this if the project gets frustrating.

Or if you just want it for random pieces parts to attach to his project.

I know it's a little late in the game and he wanted to make his own armor, but there's also this if the project gets frustrating.

Or if you just want it for random pieces parts to attach to his project.

Thank you, that is very helpful. Have you seen this one first hand?

I think you should stick with what you have.
The problem is it keeps falling apart. He wants to play in it. We got glued the armor onto a t-shirt and the ammo packs onto the belt. We have already had to redo it once after only playing in it one time. Also he complains when he bends over the belly armor pokes him. I honestly think the play suit will be easier to play in.

The problem is it keeps falling apart. He wants to play in it. We got glued the armor onto a t-shirt and the ammo packs onto the belt. We have already had to redo it once after only playing in it one time. Also he complains when he bends over the belly armor pokes him. I honestly think the play suit will be easier to play in.

Gotcha. Boba Fett is not the most comfortable or highly maneuverable costumes that’s for sure.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back