Budget Boba Costume "Base" - AliExpress/eBay vs Rubie's Supreme

Hey guys, I am 5’11, 180 lbs, do you think I would be able to fit into a medium? Here are my dimensions:

Height : 71 inches
Weight : 180 lbs
Chest : 39 inch
Waist: 34 inch
Hip: 41 inch​

I would go with a large. I'm 511 and about 165ish to 170, waist size 31 to 32, chest is 42 athketic build. The medium is snug on me which works great for my prepro2 but I did have to cut the neck seal off the jacket yop and use another brand bc it was way to snug. The costume is actually very well made out of real cloth ( unlike a rubies) so it can easily be tailored. I'd go large if I were you.

Hey guys, I am 5’11, 180 lbs, do you think I would be able to fit into a medium? Here are my dimensions:

Height : 71 inches
Weight : 180 lbs
Chest : 39 inch
Waist: 34 inch
Hip: 41 inch​

Sorry for the late reply.

In case the info helps, I'm 5'8", 155lbs. Medium/athletic build I'd say. I went with a Medium and it fits perfect for a "typical" Boba Fett (kinda baggy).

Also, in case anyone is interested, I'm still making progress on my costume.

Gotta say I've slowed down a bit once I realized Halloween parties likely won't be happening again thanks to the Delta variant surge (thanks, COVID! :mad:) but I still like to work on it when I can:

IMG_20211004_142412.jpg

The right gauntlet is basically done. Tubes are from a $3 sink sprayer kit that I soaked in coffee for about 3 days.

I need to finish up some filling on the jetpack and put the dents in my knee and shoulder pieces.

I'm not great at posting updates, but I have been making some progress lately.

View attachment 213504

Big thanks to stormtrooperguy and RafalFett for their models.

Jetpack is almost ready for assembly as well, I just need to add the attachment points for the harness before buttoning it up.
Hello there, I was wondering where you got the files for the keypad, darts and other greeblies for the gauntlets since i haven't really found that little piece that"s on the ESB version. Do you still have the files?

Hello there, I was wondering where you got the files for the keypad, darts and other greeblies for the gauntlets since i haven't really found that little piece that"s on the ESB version. Do you still have the files?
For ESB, your best bet is to make a free Shapeways account then check out RafalFett's files:

When you're logged in, there should be a Download button on the item page. Not all of the models are downloadable though.

I think stormtrooperguy is more focused on ROTJ, but I used his models for the main gauntlets:

For the gauntlet darts, there are printable models but they're so small they didn't come out well for me (a resin printer would probably work well though).

I ended up buying some 1/8" aluminum rivets (Ace 1/8 in. D X 1/4 in. R Aluminum Rivets Silver 20 pk - Ace Hardware) and followed this guide by chewiepal:

For ESB, your best bet is to make a free Shapeways account then check out RafalFett's files:

When you're logged in, there should be a Download button on the item page. Not all of the models are downloadable though.

I think stormtrooperguy is more focused on ROTJ, but I used his models for the main gauntlets:

For the gauntlet darts, there are printable models but they're so small they didn't come out well for me (a resin printer would probably work well though).

I ended up buying some 1/8" aluminum rivets (Ace 1/8 in. D X 1/4 in. R Aluminum Rivets Silver 20 pk - Ace Hardware) and followed this guide by chewiepal:

Thanks a lot, I hope your build goes great and thank you for the advice and guides it truly helps since I wanted to do something similar but didn’t know if I should have bought the cheap costume.

Thanks a lot, I hope your build goes great and thank you for the advice and guides it truly helps since I wanted to do something similar but didn’t know if I should have bought the cheap costume.
No problem!

This seems like a good of time as any to share my progress up until Halloween of this year. Since I have more time now, I'm going to replace the armor pieces of the AliExpress costume with the proper Sintra ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20211115_151823.jpg
    IMG_20211115_151823.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20211115_151920.jpg
    IMG_20211115_151920.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20211115_152040.jpg
    IMG_20211115_152040.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20211115_152148.jpg
    IMG_20211115_152148.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20211115_152310.jpg
    IMG_20211115_152310.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 2488a64d979753cd9139bfaeccd51ea66628bd3c-1.jpg
    2488a64d979753cd9139bfaeccd51ea66628bd3c-1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 153
To quote Robot Chicken's depiction of Boba Fett, "back from the dead, a--holes!" :p

As I I would said back in November, I started working on replacing the 5 chest armor pieces with ones I made out of Sintra. I started working on it again a couple months ago with a "soft deadline" to finish in time for a con this weekend.

I did have to forego some things such as the gauntlet hoses and toe spikes, but overall I'm very happy with how it came our for my 1st build! (and 1st real cosplay of this caliber).

I will likely make small tweaks to the costume over time, of course :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_20220527_220808.jpg
    IMG_20220527_220808.jpg
    918 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20220528_105716068.jpg
    IMG_20220528_105716068.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
How does the rest of the suit fit? Did you ever get the vest tailored?
I'll give some input on the size Medium costume I bought.

I'm 5'8" and currently weigh ~155lbs. I usually wear 30x30 pants, and the waist is a little big for me (nothing a belt doesn't fix though). Honestly, the pants might be a little big, even for the typical "baggy Boba". Maybe a Small would've been better for me on these? On the other hand, the long sleeve "top half" of the costume fits just about perfect, but maybe a little tight around the lats now (I've been working out). I think a Large would've been too big though.

I might consider getting the pants taken in (better they're a little big than too small!) but for a costume I wear a couple times a year it's fine. Just more incentive to not skip leg day :lol:

Last edited:
Happy Halloween!

I didn't do a whole lot on my costume since the con back in May, but decided to wear my costume to work yesterday anyway. A lot of the work was actually sewing, fixing the shoddy work the alterations place did. I will likely take a break from working on the Boba stuff for a bit, but definitely have some additions and improvements planned for next year.

Image_20221028_085132_877.jpeg

A special thanks to Irongladiator for the red plastic in my chest display and the cape kit! I know I haven't added the cape kit but I swear I will! I might use my sewing machine to recreate a US Army half shelter, then apply the kit (y)

Happy Halloween!

I didn't do a whole lot on my costume since the con back in May, but decided to wear my costume to work yesterday anyway. A lot of the work was actually sewing, fixing the shoddy work the alterations place did. I will likely take a break from working on the Boba stuff for a bit, but definitely have some additions and improvements planned for next year.

View attachment 231805

A special thanks to Irongladiator for the red plastic in my chest display and the cape kit! I know I haven't added the cape kit but I swear I will! I might use my sewing machine to recreate a US Army half shelter, then apply the kit (y)

Looks great! Is that a black series helmet? If so, what paint did you end of using for the armor? Its matches pretty well!

Hey guys, if anyone is interested in the base of this costume, I am selling mine. Mens Medium, only flaw is broken fly zipper but that could easily be fixed.
B358F39B-465C-4EA6-A7B2-F56848EE88F8.jpeg

This thread is more than 12 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back