Lazerjock's ROTJ Hero Fett Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the final submission pictures. Notice the authentic military half shelter cape. My original cape was too dark of green.
Special thanks goes out to Irongladiator for providing me with the plastic mount and hardware for the cape.
Here are the final submission pictures. Notice the authentic military half shelter cape. My original cape was too dark of green.
Special thanks goes out to Irongladiator for providing me with the plastic mount and hardware for the cape.View attachment 199596View attachment 199597View attachment 199598View attachment 199599View attachment 199600View attachment 199601
Just great LJ! Ready to walk into the set!

Special thanks goes out to Irongladiator for providing me with the plastic mount and hardware for the cape.
Lazerjock
You're most welcome LJ! Glad I was able to put your cape in a position to get that Level II certification. And even though barely noticeable, I was able to see it in a few of them shots! It's those little details that take it up a notch (or two)! :cool: (y)

Sorry to hear of your woes with the BHG. I also woulda thought it to be a bit unprofessional to use them "Hip & Cool" words like that in your communiqué with them. But good to know that you don't need them to get that 501st approval. I would imagine that the Level II certification would come under a much more and heavy scrutiny. And thereby you probably wouldn't mind getting your world rocked by the likes of them. :lol:

Seriously, Great job though. Bet its a good feeling to finally have it done.....a much needed break though. I suspect we'll see you begin working on "Upgrades" in the very near future. ;)

-Iron

Anyone searching for a bit of perspective regarding OP's "bad" experience with the BHG and our pre-approval program, which has been grossly misrepresented here, I ask you to please visit the link below. There you will find an impatient costumer (we've all been there) who is obviously confused as to how this all works (been there too), asking for updates after just 4 days, as if all we do is wait for pre-approvals and dont have 15 CRLs in production, real jobs, families, LIVES, oh and that pesky pandemic thing going on. Admittedly delayed in response, you will also find a pretty thorough, in-depth and friendly review that took hours away from my real-life to complete, packed with only ROTJ filming era references as comparison, all in line with the basic CRL requirements and expectations. References that Lazerjunk seems to have never seen, even though they are right here on TDH, in the ROTJ media section as well as on the BHG's media pages. Bet your GML didn't provide ANY references with his review, did he? Wonder why. I digress, you'll also find a ton of kudos regarding all the well-done aspects of Lazer de La Deportista's kit. What you will not find is a "power trip" of any kind (not sure how that could even be possible with such a "casual" review).

BHG's ROTJ Hero Review

Rule of thumb for anyone building towards a 501st approval for any Fett... Rafs stencils are great and all, though a bit outdated. The will in no way, ever override the film era references, especially when the details are represented loosely and appear rushed. Your GML needs a lesson or two also, FYI, the JP never sits snugly against the backplate in any of the ROTJ references and the armor is anything but evenly spaced. That being said, and to your point, we DO NOT use CRL photos (even though Tenants are some of the best we have for BHG CRLs), we use FILM ERA REFERENCES. Why would you look to replicate someone else's kit, ya silly! Isn't the point to be screen accurate? Or is that some other costuming group/forum?

Seriously, give your nuts a tug. Take the feedback at face value and quit trying to be the victim because someone told you that your kit didn't meet the requirements. Remember, sir, you came to us for assistance. You call it perception yet never once did the BHG make any notion that the Fugitive Recovery program was required for approval, it is merely recommended to those who strive for a better than sub-par kit and to bypass the GML process which, as your GML has proven, misses the mark in grading more times than not. We provide empirical evidence through, again, filming era references to help guide members in building screen accurate costumes. If that is not your cup of tea, no harm, no foul, but don't get butt hurt just because we see things through a more accurate lens than most, especially when you ask for our opinion.

And for anyone still listening, L2 "Infamous" designation is strictly handled through the BHG detachment, not the GML, ever. Lazerwhatever, your statement, "I was approved and will not be doing any of the items you listed" sounds too much like my spoiled brat of a daughter. Us "Hip & Cool" folks over at the BHG administration, who like to treat EVERYONE as if they are our friends, welcoming and supportive through the entire build and upgrade process, as if we've known them for years as you put it, will likely have a problem with that regarding any further submission.

In closing, we've heard you loud and clear, stirring the pot and throwing one-sided shade all around for everyone to see on the BHG and now here on TDH. Well done.

You mentioned that you didn't get an apology for the delay in posting the review, so here it is... sorry not sorry.

Best of luck to you and your pink girth belt.
jbdubz aka Beaubafett

One person’s opinion, whether right or wrong does not deserve such ill will, or at he very least no name calling. Does not shine a good light on the BHG and only tends to make his argument stronger. Could have handled it with a little more class.

After reading the BHG thread, I don’t see what the problem is with the critiques (and compliments) that were provided. These people are volunteers who are taking time out of their lives to help you achieve a sceen-accurate designation for the most difficult costume there is. It can be hard to hear so many critiques after you put in so much work into your costume, but you need to have thick skin and be super critical of your own work if you want to reach the “top tier”. You’ve done amazing work and now you’ve got all the feedback you need to take it to the next level :)

Few things:

1) Why post in a pre-approval section and not wait until your costume could be reviewed?
2) What was the rush to get approved? There’s hardly any trooping happening at the current moment.
3) Most GMLs know very little about Boba Fett and critique of your ROTJ Hero is justified from comparing the 3 sets of images from the BHG.

Seems some patience would have helped this situation greatly.

He said alot more then "longer then normal" ... what was actually said was "Longer than normal currently, thanks for your patience. Getting your kit approved is important to us! I will be reviewing your kit shortly."

You're misrepresenting the situation entirely. In many ways. The language barrier may be more of the issue here then anything

He said alot more then "longer then normal" ... what was actually said was "Longer than normal currently, thanks for your patience. Getting your kit approved is important to us! I will be reviewing your kit shortly."

You're misrepresenting the situation entirely. In many ways. The language barrier may be more of the issue here then anything
Language barrier!?! Everything I read was all in English, LOL! I think its just a matter of misinterpretation for sure, as you noted Fett 4 Real; throw that into the mix along with excitement and anticipation in almost being "done" with a build!

Language barrier!?! Everything I read was all in English, LOL! I think its just a matter of misinterpretation for sure, as you noted Fett 4 Real; throw that into the mix along with excitement and anticipation in almost being "done" with a build!
For some reason I thought Lazerjock was from spain.... either way theres no troops happening in FL right now really. So I dont know what the rush is.

For some reason I thought Lazerjock was from spain.... either way theres no troops happening in FL right now really. So I dont know what the rush is.
That may or may not be true.

AFAIK, there isn't a legion wide moratorium on trooping anymore and FL Gov. DeSantis lifted basically all Covid restrictions state-wide to fully re-open the state. So there isn't really anything stopping the Florida Garrison from accepting appearance invites and going out there to troop beyond the FL Garrison itself declining events. I wont get into my opinion on those policies as this isnt the place for that, but I believe FL legionnaires can in fact troop if they wish to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back