Lazerjock's ROTJ Hero Fett Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazerjock
Great submission photo's! I especially love the one with the camera view from inside the Sarlacc. ;) Best of luck to you! (y) Let us know when you're in the "Five-Oh-One"!

-Iron

Looks great to me! You’ve come a long way at lightning speed - well done and best of luck on the approval!

One thing I did notice are the thruster adjustment knobs and the “+” on the thruster. I’m pretty sure they are supposed to be red in color. I seem to remember seeing tennantlim detailing this in his ROTJ Conversion thread, yet the CRL pics don’t show them that way...

So who knows if they’ll ding you on that!

Looks great to me! You’ve come a long way at lightning speed - well done and best of luck on the approval!

One thing I did notice are the thruster adjustment knobs and the “+” on the thruster. I’m pretty sure they are supposed to be red in color. I seem to remember seeing tennantlim detailing this in his ROTJ Conversion thread, yet the CRL pics don’t show them that way...

So who knows if they’ll ding you on that!

Thank you for the compliments.
I followed the CRL photos to the T. Hopefully they will too.

Ok I'm on the prowl for a US Army half shelter. I found several on eBay and other surplus shops, but I see there are several different styles/versions.
Does anyone know which one I need to get. I searched TDH but didn't find it.

Lazerjock
Uh-Oh, did the 501st ding you on the cape? Or you just looking to upgrade to the US Army Half Shelter? Having the cape be made from a real US Army Half Shelter is only a Level II certification if I recall correctly.

This is the one I picked up from eBay for $13.50 +$6.00 S&H.
Half Shelter All Pics.jpg

But if you recall I had to go to my Alterations gal who was able to replicate the correct stitching (Another $15.00). So all in all, the cape cost just a touch under $35.00 total. Being a former enlisted member of the US Army for 10 years, I'm certainly no expert on the different variants the half shelter had to offer, though this was something I did get as part of my TA-50 (Issued gear). And here is what I ended up with....
Iron's Cape.jpg

For my body frame 6' 2", the size measurements you see here just got it about 4" past the white knee strap of my Knee Armor - Left Leg.

Best of luck in finding the right one for you.

-Iron

Was that an official comment from your submission Lazerjock ? Just curious how quickly you get comments back and what kind of stuff they commented on!?!

Last edited:
Hopefully everything goes ok with the changes. Let me know if you get stuck finding a half shelter. I have an extra one I no longer need.

Hopefully everything goes ok with the changes. Let me know if you get stuck finding a half shelter. I have an extra one I no longer need.
Thank you, but I found one on ebay.

Did the part I printed for you ever show up? I know you said it would take several weeks to get there.

After 2 rounds of photo submissions and many many emails back and forth, my Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) approved my costume submission to the 501st Legion !!!!!!

I would have never been able to do this without the help and support of the members of The Dented Helmet. I want to sincerely say Thank You to everyone that helped me along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back