KRIPTON TOP 501st Approved?

Juan Solo

Jr Hunter
So.... been browsing the net for Boba Fett ESB armor and ran across KRIPTON TOP on Etsy. They claim their items are 501st approved. Can anyone shed light on this? I have submitted a link of their vacuum formed (ready for paint) Fett armor posted on You Tube.

Looking forward to some feedback here. Thanks all!

Juan Solo

youtube.com/watch?v=yh4bnU2G_No&t=3s

Brother. No.

Etsy=No
eBay=No, unless it’s man of war or someone legit reselling their stuff.

If they’re not on TDH, it’s most likely not 501st approved.
I’m quickly finding that out, Needed confirmation is all. Thank you brother. No more Replies needed then. :D

Armor by itself is not 501st approved. I can paint
I’m quickly finding that out, Needed confirmation is all. Thank you brother. No more Replies needed then. :D

Their stuff looks decent from afar but not many here boast about painting Etsy armor.

I’m sure you could paint it and get approval but the thing is not a lot of people can vouch for the quality of the product. And this guy also sells on eBay and I think is from outside the US, hence the cheaply made dart missiles/collar studs and the outdated 3 piece knees.

Best thing to do is to research ON HERE. Try not to buy through etsy/ebay unless you can see the quality or its made by a reputable person.

Bobamaker
Wasted Fett
Arkady
Clothiers
Man of War Studios
Woodman

Are a few of the big names who are safe to buy some of the big costume parts from. Well known for quality and you won't be disappointed.

Hit up the Cargo Hold for constant runs of things such as Machine Craft Replicas, Mike M Gloves etc.

Don't make the mistake I did and buy bad first time! Buy sensibly and you wont be disappointed!

Kind words! Just trying to help people out and avoid making the mistakes I did! Feel free to PM if you want to ask more questions or such. Having only started a year ago the memory of buying lower quality is still in my mind, especially as I've been shelling out on new stuff recently!

Kripton Top on Etsy is Cuc Black: CucBlack

He does make a lot of approved 501st costume parts for the Biker Scouts and all that. I'm not saying I know anything about his Boba gear, but he's a known vendor in general.

Christian’s items appear very nice but, I wasn’t sure so, turned to TDH for some feedback. His feedback is great from buyers but then again, I really don’t know if any are from 501st troopers. I appreciate your input Mr. Fett(y) Thank you.

He has screwed over tons of people in the scout community and had the privilege of being the only vendor on their bad vendor list for the longest time. He claims to have gotten better but since everything I bought from him was wrong I have no problem reminding people of how horrible he was to people for years.

He has screwed over tons of people in the scout community and had the privilege of being the only vendor on their bad vendor list for the longest time. He claims to have gotten better but since everything I bought from him was wrong I have no problem reminding people of how horrible he was to people for years.
01Hawk Greetings. The whole reason posted this thread was to get TDH input before I purchased from this vendor. Overall, the feedback has been, well, not good. That said, I appreciate everyone for taking the time to post their opinions and for, most of all, looking out for me. GREATLY APPRECIATE YOU ALL!

I waited 3 months for a $700.00 purchase and it never showed up so I filed a claim and he returned my money right away. Bummer as I was really excited to get the items. He just never came through...

Waited a couple months as well. Received nothing from him. I complained. He posted an immediate refund. I call ******** in this guy. If you ask me for measurements, then take 2 months. Then post immediate refund ???? Suit wasn’t even started. Avoid like the plague bro. MOW is the way to go !!!

... They claim their items are 501st approved. ...

I have no experience with these guys. But if someone claims something they're selling is "501st approved", it is definitely not. There is no such thing. Approval is done case-by-case, based on how accurate the costume is and on how well it fits you. Approval does not follow the item, but the member wearing said item.

I have no experience with these guys. But if someone claims something they're selling is "501st approved", it is definitely not. There is no such thing. Approval is done case-by-case, based on how accurate the costume is and on how well it fits you. Approval does not follow the item, but the member wearing said item.
This so much!!! I have NEVER claimed my parts are 501st approved and that is pretty much my standard answer to that question.

I just ordered his Soft Parts off of Etsy :/ Did I just mess up? :( Hopefully not but I wish I would have seen this thread before I odered from him ugh.. I hate expensive lessons... Fingers Crossed.

You will be waiting a very long time. If you bother him, he gets annoyed. If you text him, he will have a multitude of excuses. Best bet is to request immediate refund and order soft parts from MOW if possible. This guy screwed me over and many others. The suit I ordered and actually received from MOW was top notch. Beautiful suit. You will need to dye it on your own. If you go that route, let me know. I figured out the dye scheme for ROTJ
Mike

It’s like this. This is a great community. Work with people here and source stuff through the great members. Unfortunately going through non reputable sellers could get you in a bad situation.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back