krewkid82's ESB W.I.P./501st shenanigans(BH-42090)

Congratulations man that’s freaking awesome!! I’m about to submit my suit to the same exact garrison! I’m pretty close to your neck of the woods so I’m really hoping I can get in!

Did a final pass of weathering on my flight suit, gloves, and flak vest. Definitely recommend Monroe Models self adhering pigments and a wet rag!
1643677179767279117252326305040.jpg

I'm not an ESB Fett but that looks legit. Gonna have to give that a go on mine!
(y):cool:

Any tips for those of us wanting to attempt that route?
Of course! Just sprinkle alittle pigment on and with a wet/damp cloth just rub it in and go crazy...idk how well it will hold up but I think it looks pretty good. I know it says it washes away with soap and water so don't wash it unless you think you messed up!

Of course! Just sprinkle alittle pigment on and with a wet/damp cloth just rub it in and go crazy...idk how well it will hold up but I think it looks pretty good. I know it says it washes away with soap and water so don't wash it unless you think you messed up!
It's good to know it is forgiving, but also if you wanna wash your stinky Fett Flightsuit after a few wears - know that it'd come off. One wonders if there is a way to seal that work?

Hahaha!
If the Star Wars universe actually existed, I'm sure Fett (amongst many other characters) would be pretty ripe. Especially Mos Eisley. I bet Watto and the Hutts smell something fierce.
1643678312069.png

Awesome job on the soft parts weathering! The powdered pigments are a great idea. As for "sealing" them, a few light misting coats of a matte clear might do the trick. Or I'm almost certain that krylon makes an artist's spray for sealing in pigments/paint on canvas. Could be worth a shot.

Awesome job on the soft parts weathering! The powdered pigments are a great idea. As for "sealing" them, a few light misting coats of a matte clear might do the trick. Or I'm almost certain that krylon makes an artist's spray for sealing in pigments/paint on canvas. Could be worth a shot.
Awesome!! I'm going to definitely look into this! That really seems like it would work really well...thanks for the tip!!

This thread is more than 31 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back