krewkid82's ESB W.I.P./501st shenanigans(BH-42090)

Congrats man! That's a huge accomplishment! Looks great to me but like others have stated I'm no pro with ESB Fett! I'd definitely say apply and see what they come back with!
Thanks dude!! Ya I'm definitely going to apply to my local garrison and see what I need to change before I go and make changes. I hope this gave you the boost you needed to continue and finish you build as I want to see you join the 501st ranks as well!!

Thanks for your comments! For the darts I've seen both and I just left it up to AFFO$ as he was the one who assembled and paintEd my gauntlets.

I’ll just slap them in then, my build isn’t for approval so I have a good amount of creative allowance.
Thanks again for all your updates, been so helpful for an ESB build. The pictures/info aren’t as available as ROTJ. Still looks better though :p

I’ll just slap them in then, my build isn’t for approval so I have a good amount of creative allowance.
Thanks again for all your updates, been so helpful for an ESB build. The pictures/info aren’t as available as ROTJ. Still looks better though :p
Thanks FettHam! I didn't see a whole lot of ESB builds that walked you through the process. I decided to make this thread as a step by step guide to help others building there suits behind me to have the info they needed to complete there build wether it's just a casual build or 501st approved;)

2020-08-13 11.13.03.jpg

Yeah you can definitely see the weathering a lot better in that picture! It's definitely given me a boost. I think I have everything at the house to finish it up I've got a few days so I'm gonna try to crank out some serious work and finish up soon, minus my blaster!

Yeah you can definitely see the weathering a lot better in that picture! It's definitely given me a boost. I think I have everything at the house to finish it up I've got a few days so I'm gonna try to crank out some serious work and finish up soon, minus my blaster!
I can't wait to see more progress from you buddy!!

Hey Krewkid82 - such a satisfying feeling it must be to be “done”. Well, done enough to potentially submit...hahahaha!

While I am also a ROTJ guy; I’ve been following your build as well. Not too many SPECIFIC comments related to your suited up photos, but recommend weathering the vest a bit more. Really that’s the only thing I noticed (cause I don’t have the Eagle vision of Irongladiator...). I saw the shimmer of the vest, and in most cases the sheen is taken down a bit by some weathering. Besides that, looking good!

Also, for your gauntlets, I cut strips of dense foam (not open cell stuff that compresses and is squishy); the stuff I used was dense! Cut like, 1” strips and glue them lengthwise on the inside of your gaunts. Then you can trim them with scissors as needed to match the taper of your forearms. That’s what I did and they don’t move at all!

Hey Krewkid82 - such a satisfying feeling it must be to be “done”. Well, done enough to potentially submit...hahahaha!

While I am also a ROTJ guy; I’ve been following your build as well. Not too many SPECIFIC comments related to your suited up photos, but recommend weathering the vest a bit more. Really that’s the only thing I noticed (cause I don’t have the Eagle vision of Irongladiator...). I saw the shimmer of the vest, and in most cases the sheen is taken down a bit by some weathering. Besides that, looking good!

Also, for your gauntlets, I cut strips of dense foam (not open cell stuff that compresses and is squishy); the stuff I used was dense! Cut like, 1” strips and glue them lengthwise on the inside of your gaunts. Then you can trim them with scissors as needed to match the taper of your forearms. That’s what I did and they don’t move at all!
I might add, that when you weather the vest more, that should also help to reduce the effect of the plate spacing we discussed earlier. Less shiny vest makes gaps stand out less :D

Awesome dude thanks for the follow! I will try and get some weathering done on the vest and put some foam inside the gauntlets. I didnt know till after the pics were taken that the gauntlets kept rotating hahah damn t-visor vision, plus my wife doesnt know what to look for to tell me they were messed up either lol. I've been following your w.i.p. as well just for the hell of it. I like seeing everyones builds on here! I feel like we all are a rare breed on this forum. We wanted to become someone who struck us as a badass when we were little! No matter if it's ESB, SE, or ROTJ were all still Boba Fett!!

Hey, don't know why I stopped getting notifications on this thread, but I'm finally caught up. This is looking so good! Makes me happy to see your progress. Awesome job! Can't wait to see how the approval goes.

Hey, don't know why I stopped getting notifications on this thread, but I'm finally caught up. This is looking so good! Makes me happy to see your progress. Awesome job! Can't wait to see how the approval goes.
Thanks dude!! I haven't seen you on here in awhile glad your doing ok. Thank you for helping me with this suit!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back