krewkid82's ESB W.I.P./501st shenanigans(BH-42090)

Looking incredible so far! You gotta love the ESB paint job. I used jewelry pins as well and it’s woking for me so far. The only thing I can say is be sure to put some strong glue to hold those things on. And order locking backs for them and you’ll be set.

Here is some test pieces of fabric that I tried weather. I don't have a airbrush so I usedwhite tshirt material, water spray bottle, and black and gray primer. The one of the left is without dabbing the material. The one on the right is from dabbing the material to itself. I'm soo nervous to do this to my flight suit! Any advice would be appreciated!!
20200427_142840.jpg

Here is some test pieces of fabric that I tried weather. I don't have a airbrush so I usedwhite tshirt material, water spray bottle, and black and gray primer. The one of the left is without dabbing the material. The one on the right is from dabbing the material to itself. I'm soo nervous to do this to my flight suit! Any advice would be appreciated!!
View attachment 189006
I recommend getting acrylic paint and dilute it in spray bottle with water. Mix it well in there so its pure black water and no acrylic chunks. If you dont the craft paint will clog the bottle. Anyways you can mist and do light coats and dry it and get it to your liking. Spray paint is oil based and when it dries it makes fabric all crusty. And it ruins the fabric, so good looking getting the paint off if you add to much. (I learned from my mistakes)

Thanks Droidbait for the tip! I will be ordering some paints pretty soon.
Yeah man! This build is fire so far! Can't wait to see it fully put together.
EDIT
Oh yeah and when you get the acrylic and stuff keep testing on spare fabric. Until you're comfortable in actually doing it to your flight suit. But that you probs already know. (y):cool:

Last edited:
Thanks dude I appreciate your comments! I will for sure keep testing on spare fabric. Hopefully I can get tested and get everything painted:)

Acrylics and spray paint are really the only weathering I’ve done (with the exception of airbrushing my gauntlets). They are easy to work with, and CHEAP. Go to your local Walmart and pick up the Apple Barrel acrylics! Just make sure you pay attention to the finish. I started doing my boots with gloss black.

Such a finely dressed Boba, indeed...

Got a sweet update tonight from AFFO$: He has almost completed the armor! He said he has to finish the "jaster" symbol, apply some dark gray to the collar and back plate, and then some mistings of dark gray and anodized bronze to further weather all of the pieces. He said that wouldnt take long. He should have all of the armor (minus the gauntlets) finished this week!! Super stoked!!!
911288FF-9579-440A-B524-A6F7EFC2670C.jpeg
B704CE13-4B94-42F8-AF87-404775297362.jpeg

Thanks Budafett! Cool to see you here on my thread! It is super exciting can't wait for a try on when things start arriving.

Gotta new update!: AFFO$ coming through again with his awesome skills!! He has all of the armor weathered. The detail from the pictures looks insane but I want to see this armor set in person already lol! He still needs to apply the "Jaster" symbol, install the knee darts, and paint the collar studs to 501st specifications. I also ordered my ee3 blaster and bucket fans so those will be on there way in a few weeks.
58C487EE-CE2F-444A-8013-D8515E054A9A.jpeg
56E3CD43-AFB2-443D-A840-F418B0CBF309.jpeg
D97C9D39-1922-42A9-ACA3-4A1D6CB18C31.jpeg
5ACF6365-8B2A-4589-B6A5-B882585B3805.jpeg
5B5C3CD2-AF7F-4C2B-B622-DCA48705D15E.jpeg

Last edited:
Gotta new update!: AFFO$ coming through again with his awesome skills!! He has all of the armor weathered. The detail from the pictures looks insane but I want to see this armor set in person already lol! He still needs to apply the "Jaster" symbol, install the knee darts, and paint the collar studs to 501st specifications. I also ordered my ee3 blaster and bucket fans so those will be on there in a few weeks.
View attachment 189241View attachment 189242View attachment 189243View attachment 189244View attachment 189245
Dang that's fresh.

This thread is more than 2 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back