Jennari's Jango Build

Jennari

Hunter
Hey, all. I'm new, both to this site and building Canon kits, so if anyone's up to helping me out with either, I'd be very grateful. So far, I've done everything with the Mandalorian Mercs, but I've been getting plenty of tips and advice from here, so I decided to give it a try. In case it isn't clear, I am a girl, looking to build a kit akin to the in-universe character, so any tips on making that work would be very much appreciated.

Here's everything I've got so far:

- Helmet
- Boots
- Shoulder bells
- Chest armor
- Thigh armor
- Shin armor
- Boot armor
- Gauntlets
- Jetpack
- Jetpack harness
- Flight Suit
- Gloves
- Girth belt
- Poncho (unnecessary, I know)
- Back plate
- Codpiece
- Flack Vest

All of these items need to be replaced:

- Knee plates

I'm still waiting on these:

- Ammo belt
- Holsters
- Helmet skirt
- Westar-34s

Last edited:
Welcome Janarri, You've got a good start. Is your helmet and armor cold cast or just plain cast material?
If it's cold cast under the paint, then you can sand it down and refinish the surface, if not then you might consider Rub N Buff / Silver Leaf
for the silver look that the armor needs. Below is several links to Jango information to consider for reference for your build.
Also, your helmet looks like a Boba helmet that's had the dent relocated some. The Jango dent is elongated like a pipe fell on it.

So, There's quite a few reference links for you to start on. I found these with just a few searches. Whenever you need to figure
out how to make or do something, the search function in the upper right corner will help a lot !!
I hope these links help you get started in the right direction for your build.
.....Don

Last edited:
Welcome Janarri, You've got a good start. Is your helmet and armor cold cast or just plain cast material?
If it's cold cast under the paint, then you can sand it down and refinish the surface, if not then you might consider Rub N Buff / Silver Leaf

My helmet is a Rubies Jango Fett helmet that's been fiberglassed and dented a la Jango dent, since I'm doing a Geonosis build with the JT-12. The dent is a requirement.

The armor is 4 millimeter sintra with silver paint and blackwash applied from my previous kit. I have Rub N Buff already, and just need to sand everything out before I apply it.

Thank you for the tips and information, Don.

Oh, and if this helps:
My flight suit is a Bobamaker one.
My WESTAR-34s are resin cast replicas.
My jetpack does have its warhead missile, contrary to the photos, and is from NME.
My boots are from Crowprops.

Two minor notes:

I sanded everything except the guns down thoroughly, so that's some progress.

And I'm now an Official Member in the Mandalorian Mercs, so I can devote all my attention to my Jango build.

Congrats on the approval! I'm hoping to be OM soon myself.
Your range finder ear looks to be all one piece. It will probably need to be replaced. Looks like it should be upper and lower pieces, like Boba's.

I just ask because I'm sure there are CRL differences. Feel free to PM me here or on the Mercs forums under the same name if you like. I'm not familiar with the Jango CRLs, but look forward to seeing your build!

Do you have a build thread made over at thebhg.net? That is the detachment forums for the 501st Bounty Hunter's Guild. That would be a good place to make a build thread since you are now going towards 501 approval.

Looks like you are off to a pretty good start on your Jango build vod. Currently my only 2 cents are that you are going to need to '3D' that cod piece eventually. I plan on doing the same with mine at some point as it gives the kit a little more dimension

Okay, guys; need some more help.

Are the flaps/tabs on my vest too big? (They're hand-sewn on, so taking them off to adjust them shouldn't be a problem.)

Ce32mtYl.jpg

M8SIhwrl.jpg

(Yes, I know I'm a girl, but I figure going off Jango can still be helpful)

EF0feLkm.jpg

Are my arm holes too big?

And are there any other issues you're seeing that I haven't mentioned? Thanks.

It appears that the vest is a little to big, the collar opening is oversize and the and the shoulder flaps are to long too.
Look over your reference pic and compare. It looks like the shape of the vest is to wide at the top and hangs over your
shoulders before the seam for the shoulder flap starts. The seam is pretty much even with the edge of the shoulders and arms in the reference where
as yours hang over beyond the start of your shoulders and arms. I hope your vest can be altered to help out.

I agree with hvacdon, if you reduce the size of the neck hole and are worried about getting your head in, just add a seem that runs from the neck to your shoulder like Bobamaker does....and your vest also needs to be longer - that is, if you're going with a Jango-like build. If you don't want to remake it longer, you could add some other leather-like material that will go under the ammo/girth belt.

My leather flak vest goes to where my pants zipper line would be.

Arm hole size looks doable, but you need to pull the shoulders in or add shoulder pads. Nice work though!

Do you have your shoulder armor pieces? Use those for reference if you do. See how the top of the shoulder armor is butted up against the shoulder seam of the flak vest? And that the bottom of the shoulder armor is just about even with the end of the flak vest sleeve?
front-plates.jpg

You also might want to raise the shoulder seam of your vest higher up on your shoulder. It looks to come down off your shoulder too much. Though it is possible that if you make the neck hole smaller as others have suggested, that the shoulder seam being raised up might be a natural byproduct of that adjustment.

Thanks, vode. At this rate, the only problem I see with making alterations is that I commissioned the vest, and I don't know what material the maker used; not to mention, my local clan isn't very knowledgeable on Jango builds and I'm not confident I can make the adjustments alone.

Another thing is that everyone always tells me to stop my torso items, including the vest and armor, just above the belly button, which is where the vest currently ends; are they wrong? (their logic on that is that the belts have to sit fairly high up on the body)

And just a heads up, this was made to my measurements; how it ended up so complicated is beyond me.

kCCOaA4l.jpg

(Here's what it looks like with the flight suit)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back