Jennari's Jango Build

Jennari

New Hunter
Hey, all. I'm new, both to this site and building Canon kits, so if anyone's up to helping me out with either, I'd be very grateful. So far, I've done everything with the Mandalorian Mercs, but I've been getting plenty of tips and advice from here, so I decided to give it a try. In case it isn't clear, I am a girl, looking to build a kit akin to the in-universe character, so any tips on making that work would be very much appreciated.

You'll notice that right from the get go, all my armor looks like it needs a miracle. That's because I had painted and used it for another kit after initially putting my Jango build on hold, and now I'm starting it back up again. Whatever I have to do to make it acceptable, I will. Advice and feedback is welcome.

PMvrSoU.jpg

NWK8Yrf.jpg

PmlBdnP.jpg

J8XteLR.jpg

Cqeiahe.jpg

PNi8V3J.jpg

SiLbWkj.jpg

g9Ur4cG.jpg

XcXnt1p.jpg

wOn5fDl.jpg

hZUcNpz.jpg

wpIH2sz.jpg

TBQPPsp.jpg

lASudne.jpg

drVLKOu.jpg

UNGAyj0.jpg

zSwKgfw.jpg

XCr8JUV.jpg

L6nOYqA.jpg

2h2KIXQ.jpg

I also have gloves, and a girth belt that's still in the beginning stages.

At this rate, I have all the other armor parts and components figured out except the gauntlets, which I've had no luck finding anywhere. The ones I have found all seem to be discontinued runs. If anyone can help me find any, it would be very helpful. Thank you.

hvacdon

Active Hunter
Welcome Janarri, You've got a good start. Is your helmet and armor cold cast or just plain cast material?
If it's cold cast under the paint, then you can sand it down and refinish the surface, if not then you might consider Rub N Buff / Silver Leaf
for the silver look that the armor needs. Below is several links to Jango information to consider for reference for your build.
Also, your helmet looks like a Boba helmet that's had the dent relocated some. The Jango dent is elongated like a pipe fell on it.

So, There's quite a few reference links for you to start on. I found these with just a few searches. Whenever you need to figure
out how to make or do something, the search function in the upper right corner will help a lot !!
I hope these links help you get started in the right direction for your build.
.....Don

Last edited:

Jennari

New Hunter
Welcome Janarri, You've got a good start. Is your helmet and armor cold cast or just plain cast material?
If it's cold cast under the paint, then you can sand it down and refinish the surface, if not then you might consider Rub N Buff / Silver Leaf
My helmet is a Rubies Jango Fett helmet that's been fiberglassed and dented a la Jango dent, since I'm doing a Geonosis build with the JT-12. The dent is a requirement.

The armor is 4 millimeter sintra with silver paint and blackwash applied from my previous kit. I have Rub N Buff already, and just need to sand everything out before I apply it.

Thank you for the tips and information, Don.

Oh, and if this helps:
My flight suit is a Bobamaker one.
My WESTAR-34s are resin cast replicas.
My jetpack does have its warhead missile, contrary to the photos, and is from NME.
My boots are from Crowprops.

Jennari

New Hunter
Two minor notes:

I sanded everything except the guns down thoroughly, so that's some progress.

And I'm now an Official Member in the Mandalorian Mercs, so I can devote all my attention to my Jango build.

MMcFett

Jr Hunter
Congrats on the approval! I'm hoping to be OM soon myself.
Your range finder ear looks to be all one piece. It will probably need to be replaced. Looks like it should be upper and lower pieces, like Boba's.

MMcFett

Jr Hunter
I just ask because I'm sure there are CRL differences. Feel free to PM me here or on the Mercs forums under the same name if you like. I'm not familiar with the Jango CRLs, but look forward to seeing your build!

Kdogg211187

Hunter
Do you have a build thread made over at thebhg.net? That is the detachment forums for the 501st Bounty Hunter's Guild. That would be a good place to make a build thread since you are now going towards 501 approval.

BPonist

Hunter
Looks like you are off to a pretty good start on your Jango build vod. Currently my only 2 cents are that you are going to need to '3D' that cod piece eventually. I plan on doing the same with mine at some point as it gives the kit a little more dimension