My Jango WIP.....NOW FINISHED

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
I have been working on this for a while now and have never done a WIP thread.

Here is what I have up to this point...
2 Asok CC helmets (I am a helmet junkie)
1 flightsuit Bobamaker (selling this one)
2 flightsuit LSFU
1 vest Mareyce
2 leather vest LSFU
gauntlets Cruzer
holsters Cruzer
girth Tlobe
ammo belt Seeker
backplate Cruzer
1 chest, collar and shoulders Steelblitz
2 chest collar and shoulders Cruzer
1 legs and knees wickedbeard
2 thighs and shins Cruzer
boot armor Cruzer
Arena Jet pack MOW
westars unk

Pics
img6440o.th.jpg

img6449k.th.jpg

I still need vest, gaunts and a JP, along with a fitting of the flightsuit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
here are some closer looks at my painting and weathering

img6473r.th.jpg

img6471y.th.jpg

img6477z.th.jpg

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
and one more of the face

img6469s.th.jpg

any critiques or criticisms are welcome

Catal

Jr Hunter
Looking awesome man. And from one helmet junkie to another love the painting and weathering. Oh, and I totally blaim you for ordering one of Asok's lids.

TK3944

Jr Hunter
Nice job! Helmets look real good. How do you have your right ear/rf stalk mounted? PM inbound.

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
I originally used rare earth magnets on the first helmet, but they just weren't strong enough and if I leaned my head it would fall off. So I installed a small screw in the back of the earcap and drilled a small corresponding hole in the helmet. Then I just bolted it on. It is still very easy to remove if I need to, but it won't fall off.

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
Cruzer gaunts are in and work will commence soon.

Picked up a no name JP to fill in for now.

Waiting on a vest.

Getting closer.

JANGOISDED

New Hunter
Looks great. What did you use for weathering? I'm a TD and we use woodland scenic tempera paints.

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
I used black and burnt umber mixed with just a little gray tempera paints. I tried to keep it uneven colors to keep it more natural looking.

Thanks for the compliments. I really hope to get this done in the next month.

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
Ok to revive this thread.........Here are some JP pics, I am expecting the arrival of one vest soon. I have a LSFU vest and flightsuit on the way too.

I have recently picked up some navy blue leather gloves, and some CC shin armor. My Arena pack is not finished yet I still need some cleanup and some weathering, but here is a pic in natural light.

dsc00040nb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is with the midnight blue and slate blue with R+B for silver.

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
Here is the kit spread out. I just got in a set of Cruzer upper torso and cod. I laid everything out on the living room floor and shot a few pics. My gaunts are not in the picture but everything else that I have is. I am still waiting on a vest from one vendor that was promised in October, and a real leather vest and fitted flightsuit from LSFU that should be coming up in the near future.

I have several pieces that I have upgraded even before I have had a chance to use them. I will post another pic with some comparison shots.

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
Here is a pic with the Cruzer CC chest and the Steelblitz fiberglass chest. I must say both of these are nice. The Cruzer set is a bit thinner and lighter, but they do not feel flimsy or any less durable than the Steelblitz.

Cruzer is on top Steelblitz below

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
Here is one more pic a bit closer.

I hope to get in the vests soon so I can suit up and start fitting this thing to me. That and I need to finish assembling my gaunts. The Darkside aluminum parts should arrive in the next few days. Getting closer.........

Jango and Zam

Active Hunter
Very nice set ! I can tell your getting excited , I would be to . Please post again when your all set.

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
Here is one last fun pic with the two pieces I am most proud of (since I actually painted them).......

I had my Fett shirt on so I thought I would take this as I was putting everything back away.

Looks great! I'm working on the Girth Belt now, but I think it's just a way for me to stall the whole taping/painting/RnB'ing fiasco that will be my "stubby" jet pack!. Great Job!!

TK3944

Jr Hunter
Man, that is looking awesome!!! You're making me wonder why I am taking so long getting this thing off the ground. Great work, Mullreel!!!