Iron's ROTJ WIP

ShortFuse & droidbait - Ha! Thanks guys! I never owned an airbrush till 2 months ago! Also I had no official art training, other than maybe a ceramic class and sketching during study hall in high school. ;)

Not to derail my own WIP, but coincidentally, about 5 years ago my wife and my then 4 year old daughter were going to walk to Starbucks for a summer treat (only a few blocks away) My daughter was doodling with her Crayola Chalk. Before they left my daughter asked me if I could draw Cinderella for her. I said I'll give it a try. I think what she was thinking was maybe a stick figure in a blue dress with blonde hair. I knew they were going to stop by the park on their way back so I figure I had about 1.5 to 2 hours to kill before they got back. I googled coloring pages of Cinderella and her colors and came up with this.....
Cinderella.jpg

It took me about 30 Minutes to quickly draw this, but when I stood up I was like Holy Sh*t! Hahaha! My daughter and wife we're blown away when they came back......since then I've drawn many a princesses and each time I've gotten better and better at it. Have a look at some of my favorite ones.
Ariel - The Little Mermaid.JPG

Belle and the Beast.jpg

Baby Minnie and Teddy Bear.jpg

Elsa and Anna and Olaf - Frozen.JPG

Minnie Mouse.jpg

Jesse.jpg

Link and Navi.jpg

Ironman.jpg

Mega Man.jpg

Kara Zor-El - Supergirl.jpg

Grinch, Cindy Lou Who and Max.jpg

Daffy Duck.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog.jpg

Smurfette.jpg

Princess Aurora - Sleeping Beauty.jpg

Photo Jul 16, 7 04 20 PM.jpg

....I have tons more that I've done but that's just a sampling of my power. ;)

Thanks,
-Iron

droidbait - Thanks! I actually took on a commission this year to do a chalk drawing locally here in my community and they paid me $100.00 to do it......little did they know, but I bought my Metal Gauntlet Rocket from QuestDesignCanada with it. ;) (y)

I've been posting my chalk art work on my community's Facebook page and had someone even reach out to me a few years ago to do an interview: here is a link to that interview:

Oh someone reached out to me last year to do a "Patriotic Drawing" for the 4th of July festival and I did this one last year....
Capt. America.jpg

I'll end the suspense....yes I did a Boba Fett Drawing (er....painting) on my garage wall.....(Along with that Fallout - Vault Boy you may have seen in the painting pics.)
Garage Boba Fett Disney Infinity 2.jpg

This one was meant to be drawn after the Disney Infinity Boba Fett (A game I enjoy playing with the little one.) .....which looks like this....
Boba Fett Disney Infinity 2.jpg

I added in my own variations on the drawing but I was happy with the end result.

-Iron

Well here is the finished product. As you can see I made the dent marking a bit bigger than in the previous job...
View attachment 195630

And here is the whole set together!
View attachment 195631

Next up I'll be attempting to fix the Armor to my Arkady Vest! (y)

-Iron
That paintjob all around is just stellar. Your share and BobaMakers. They match really well and thats a testament to your level of work!

ShortFuse nice one! My kind of humor ;)

and... Irongladiator Your chalk skills resemble your armor painting skills ;)
My favourite has got to be Duffy Duck though along with that initial Cinderella. You.... dont happen to have a Roadrunner or Coyote, do you? :D
(I apologize in advance of derailing your WIP even more but... well... you kinda had it coming...)

I got my EE-3 Blaster today. I ordered this from a user who goes by AprilStormProps on Etsy for $105.00 (Included Shipping) Just a quick comparison from the Rubies EE-3 and it is nearly 8 inches bigger, which doesn't sound like much, but when you visually compare them side by side.....
EE-3 Size Comparison.jpg

I got some sanding and possibly some filling ahead of me, but other than that looks simple to put together. I was however bummed that my scope idea didn't pan out. I picked up a real 4X20 scope from Amazon for $12.99 that was just a touch too short and wouldn't work, the brackets however fit perfectly on it!
EE-3 Scope Comparison.jpg

The brackets that we're 3-D printed by AprilStormProps look pretty darn close too. I'll very carefully use a dremel cutting wheel and cut out that small section on it to make it appear more authentic, and add some screws.
EE-3 Brackets.jpg

So I lost $12.99 on the scope.....not the end of the world, and Amazon had more scopes, so I'll just keep hunting. I know it's not the perfect EE-3 but for $105.00 not a bad deal I'm a thinkin'. More pics to follow once I complete it. (y)

-Iron

Last edited:
I got my EE-3 Blaster today. I ordered this from a user who goes by AprilStormProps on Etsy for $105.00 (Included Shipping) Just a quick comparison from the Rubies EE-3 and it is nearly 8 inches bigger, which doesn't sound like much, but when you visually compare them side by side.....
View attachment 195921

I got some sanding and possibly some filling ahead of me, but other than that looks simple to put together. I was however bummed that my scope idea didn't pan out. I picked up a real 4X20 scope from Amazon for $12.99 that was just a touch too short and wouldn't work, the brackets however fit perfectly on it!
View attachment 195922

The brackets that we're 3-D printed by AprilStormProps look pretty darn close too. I'll very carefully use a dremel cutting wheel and cut out that small section on it to make it appear more authentic, and add some screws.
View attachment 195924

So I lost $12.99 on the scope.....not the end of the world, and Amazon had more scopes, so I'll just keep hunting. I know it's not the perfect EE-3 but for $105.00 not a bad deal I'm a thinkin'. More pics to follow once I complete it. (y)

-Iron

I was just looking at picking one of those up to replace my old one. Looks pretty decent. I see a lot of sanding in your future. Is that PLA?

I was just looking at picking one of those up to replace my old one. Looks pretty decent. I see a lot of sanding in your future. Is that PLA?

It is NOT PLA. It is ABS! AprilStormProps claims the print comes from a commercial machine (Not CR-10's - whatever that means). April said that being ABS Plastic, it is light and strong and it will NOT need any additional reinforcements like you might need on a PLA print. I was also led to believe that sanding ABS vs PLA goes much easier too. To be honest, I have not had any item that was 3D printed, this is my first. So I can't say really what the true differences between an ABS print job vs a PLA print job would look like.

Anywho, I plan on ordering some of this stuff and using it on my blaster......
XTC 3D.jpg

I heard it works magic on ABS and PLA 3D prints. Anyone use this and have any opinions on it?

Thanks,
-Iron

I have not used that smoothing product. I have used varying grits of wet dry paper. Also small amounts of acetone. These things do work but yeah they are a lot of work. ABS does sand easier than PLA.
As a side note. A CR10 is a Creality 3D printer. Very popular hobbyists printer. :)

Question: What do you guys jam out to when working on your Boba Fett Project? Right now I'm partial to listening to this on loop.

It greatly annoys the wife. Hahaha! :lol:

-Iron

Haha! Oh how I love the Cantina Music!!!
The band is called Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes by the way... they play in Chalmuns Catina (THE Mos Eisley Cantina), becaus of getting in a pinch with Jabba, if I remember correctly. The type of music is called the Jizz. No coincidence, as the music was supposed to have the feel of certain types of Jazz music, although I dont remember what particular sub-genre. Swing Jazz comes to mind though. Lets just call it Space Jazz!

Be that as it may... I just LOVE the feel of Star Wars cantina music. It makes you feel like you are actually there... having a drink. Or working in your workshop while listening to recordings. Makes for a warm feeling inside.

There is awesome Cantina music from various Star Wars video games, too! (Mainly Knights of the old Republic 1 & 2 and Star Wars The old Republic)
Maybe it will help to mix things up to keep the wife happy. (yes, ShortFuse ... that might be needed from time to time. ;) )
This is a collection of various songs from various Star Wars Cantinas that I listen to A LOT:

Also a favourite: Lapti Nek from the RotJ Sail barge scene. Although that may evoke some bad memories for the Boba-Fans... ;)

Good for concentration: Just some Star Wars Ships background noise (From the Ebon Hawk, one of my favourite ships from my favourite game!):

And while we are at sharing all of this, I just have to throw that in there: The Jedi Enclave music from the same game. Maybe its got to do with fond memories, but that music REALLY helps you relax if you are having a bad day:

OK. Sorry for that lengthy message, Irongladiator . My excuse is that you asked for it ;)

Back to Boba now...
Mister ShortFuse ;) was right about ABS being the MUCH better choice. I like your idea on the scope uprgade, hope you'll find a matching one. Another thing I might consider: Swapping out the stock for real wood. Carving that to shape should not be too difficult.

Señor VutycFett ...
What do you mean with cutting it in half for the SE?

Cheers from Germany,
Ram

PS: let me know what you think about the music collection please!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back