how du u modeled ur jango gauntlets ¿

AdmFrancis

Active Hunter
how do you model your jango gauntlets ¿

for making molds or vacuum forming ¿ ¿ ¿

do u use clay or wood ....... ¿

PS:
im sorry for any errors and would thnk uri ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sculpt them out of Basswood without all the fine details to form positives.
Cut them in half.
Then you can suck the heated plastic around them.
Another way is to sculpt them in clay pull molds and cast positives (Half at a time) in plaster then use those to draw your heated plasic around them.

For a lot of people on the Forums, English is a second language... for me it's my primary language and I had trouble reading the topic. Please be short and sweet in posts, and speak in sentences using "words," not letters. It sometimes is quicker to type the word in it's entirety than it would be to make it look "cool."

GCNgamer128 said:
For a lot of people on the Forums, English is a second language... for me it's my primary language and I had trouble reading the topic. Please be short and sweet in posts, and speak in sentences using "words," not letters. It sometimes is quicker to type the word in it's entirety than it would be to make it look "cool."

I agree. Not trying to sound like a jerk, but it really is a lot easier to read and understand when propper spelling/grammar is used.

¿Then the correct question would be: How do you model your jango gauntlets?

I reccomend buying gauntlets if you are a beginner, cause gauntlets are the hardest piece to make in my opinion. I took 2 months to make mine perfect, and I have been doing this for a long time.

This answer depends on the tools you have at your disposal, but if you have power tools for cutting, sanding, and shaping, MDF is cheap and easy. If you don't have the equipment, then clay is your best bet.

Step one: 1:1 scale drawing. Draw a set of full size plans for your gauntlets, both from top and side. You will have a better time trying to build something when you have the drawings right in front of you.

..well,
my girlfriend is useing clay 5 days ago. by looking all the photos, there are becoming much details to stand out as she want. sometimes she could scream :D but she have the better hands for working with clay than me.
in time she is still working on the left gauntlet upper half. i think not bad for a first step.
here r some pics from my webcam. its a v.1.0 build !!!

!cid_23abc@pc27-100.jpg

Bild 2.jpg

Bild 3.jpg

Bild 4.jpg

Bild 5.jpg

Wow nice wish I would have just made my own instead of buying them. Sure it would have been a lot of time and hard work but... it saves ya from a lot of headaches in another arena.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back