Holloween costumes huge rip!

darth cre

New Hunter
Bought darth vader cotume today accidently got the standard costume not deluxe and guess what no returns. also costume was kinda pricey even for non deluxe. just so this dosent happen next year does any one know where to get a non expensive good quility halloween cotume.

Bought darth vader cotume today accidently got the standard costume not deluxe and guess what no returns. also costume was kinda pricey even for non deluxe. just so this dosent happen next year does any one know where to get a non expensive good quility halloween cotume.
Well if they screwed up on your order, they better exchange.

I've been involved in building props/costumes for about the last six months and at first i thought I'd be able to pick up a cheap costume and it'd look just fine. However I remembered and old saying my Grandpa would tell me when I was in such a situation, "you get what you pay for." If you want a fairly inexpensive costume, try a custom Mandalorian like Boba or Jango Fett. You can pick up a whole set of Sintra armor for around a hundred dollars, and they don't look that bad for the money. What about trying to become one of the Imperial Guards (the red suited guys) as once you buy the helmet, cloak and a homemade force pike and that's basically enough to get by with. I finally realized that screw it, I'm just going to try and put together quality fiberglass armor etc that will hold up for years to come-plus I won't have to buy things two and three times like I did when I bought my Rubies Deluxe bucket(which i just sold) rather than do some research and buy one of Sarges to begin with. So good luck next year, you've definitely in the right place to learn alot about prop and costume buildifor all budgets if you look hard enough...

Frankly, I'm not surprised about you recieveing the non-delux version. In fact, I doubt there is really a delux version! I think they just call something delux to make more profit becuase it fools people into buying the same peice of Bantha fodder that you would if you bough the one that didnt say delux in front of it. An example, the Jango rubies. They fooled me and im sure everyone who got one expecting a decent helmet. Google it, and I bet you a million bucks the picture they use to "represent" it is about a google times better the actual hard candy bowl they send you. Blatent example of false advertisment. Never expect a delux anything if it costs you less then $100. They best quality stuff cannot always be found in stores.

-tubachris

As far as "store bought" or "web-bought" costumes, you're not going to be happy with the results. I go hard-core on any costume I do. I'm an absolute FNG to this site and have never built anything as complicated as a Fett bucket, but if you do your research and go for details, you will pull off a great costume. I have not decided what costume to try and build for next year, but this site is great. Check out the thread on "low budget Boba". I'm am really impressed with his ingenuity and resourcefulness, two qualities any costumer, and bounty hunter need.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back