Help New CRL and acceptable reference

siman

Hunter
Hi Guys,
Im hoping you can help me, I don't know if this has been covered before so apologies if it has. Since the changes in the CRL I've been informed that the exhibition pictures are no longer considered acceptable reference do to the amount of damage, and now a more movie style is whats required for clearence, which i'm all for. However besides screen grabs can anyone point me in the right direction of which images are acceptable to use for things like the side of the jetpack and inner fore arm on the guantlets.
Like everyone here i just want to get it right and i humberly bow to people with greater knowledge

Currently building an ROTJ Hero Boba and finding this a challenge too! I believe however, that there are a set few number of images to work off:
1. All the Green screen images: Boba Fett Return of the Jedi Costume (onwards)
2. White Background images: Boba Fett Return of the Jedi Costume (onwards)
3. Jabbas Palace Images: Boba Fett Return of the Jedi Costume (x4)

There isn't much on the side of the jetpack and inner forearm.

Concerning the JP however, I believe it was 'refurbished' as the ROTJ SE (some tell tale signs, including the white strip being painted back in etc) so I presume you could look at those images and dial the damage down a little.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...

siman - Honestly the best place to go regarding what references were used to come up with the updated CRL requirements or any 501st costuming requirements for Boba Fett is the souce of the CRL, the BHG. The references should be "filming-era" but that doesnt mean that the costume display tours can't be used to confirm certain details.

Concerning the JP however, I believe it was 'refurbished' as the ROTJ SE (some tell tale signs, including the white strip being painted back in etc) so I presume you could look at those images and dial the damage down a little.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...

No, just scaling down the damage on an SE jet pack wont make it ROTJ Hero accurate ;)

siman - Honestly the best place to go regarding what references were used to come up with the updated CRL requirements or any 501st costuming requirements for Boba Fett is the souce of the CRL, the BHG. The references should be "filming-era" but that doesnt mean that the costume display tours can't be used to confirm certain details.

No, just scaling down the damage on an SE jet pack wont make it ROTJ Hero accurate ;)

I found it a good way of having a better look at some of the fuzzier details, but just not going OTT or putting in bits not there. But yes, I wouldn’t use it as the basis and just take some off, it’s a good way of just confirming the location of some bits, e.g the white splodge on the left tank (which can be seen to be painted over).

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back