Greetings

Hump

New Hunter
I have decided to try my hand at building a Boba Fett ROTJ from scratch. I'm not looking to join a group, but my son is really interested in costume design and creation, so i thought this would be a fun hobby for us to do together. I have sintra and will be using that for the armor. I'd like to know if anyone has a pattern or ideas for a flight suit...I'm not an expert seamstress, but am going to try and dig out the memories from HomeEc to see what I can do. I'd appreciate any advice or help you experts have for a noob to this world.

Welcome! Sharing this with your son will hopefully be an exciting journey of learning.

If you need armor templates, you can find them here.
I'm unsure about the flight suit pattern; you could probably find an old thread by using the search function at the top right or by modding a pre made jumpsuit.

Welcome! Sharing this with your son will hopefully be an exciting journey of learning.

If you need armor templates, you can find them here.
I'm unsure about the flight suit pattern; you could probably find an old thread by using the search function at the top right or by modding a pre made jumpsuit.
Thank you Brokk. I hope so. We did a simple Kylo for him a couple years ago and he loved it. This year we get a Palpatine and used some EL wire to do his force lightning. He loves the Mando, but I told him Boba was the best...lol.

I'll take a look at the armor templates...thank you. I have searched for Flight Suit patterns/ideas, but only found the Kwiksew 3389 that needs a lot of extra work. I'm sure most people don't share those patterns because they make money off them. I'm sure I could buy the whole set, but then my son and I wouldn't have anything to do together.

Thanks again for the reply and look forward to working with the experts on here!

If your not eager to do much sewing, Red Kap coveralls might be a good start. I would get a long sleeve and a short sleeve version in order to make the Boba Fett flightsuit look. You could use the extra material to make thigh pockets and such. WOF has some patterns for the thigh and hip pockets and the tool pockets. If you would like to make your own from scratch, there is a Kwik Sew pattern #K3389 you could use as a starting point. That is what I used back in the day when my kit was all scratch built. As another alternative, Arkady makes the best flightsuits around here and here prices are very reasonable.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back