Girth or Rope Belt Information

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
i called and asked about a shade of color- making a special fett for my wife.and they said they "didnt know the colors" of what they sold.then she said dont order from us if you want a certain color and a different color or style might be shipped. what a way to run a business. i will go to a different place now and buy our stuff, even if they offered stuff for even free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man...that kinda sucks!!!!With customer relations like that, I wonder how long they'll stay in business???

Crap - I guess the search continues...

NE 1 looking to get rid of an ESB girth say in the 31-32" inch waist range? :(

still waiting on my belt, but then again, its probably sitting in the mail room as I type this. I am on vacation, but as soon as I get home, I will let you guys know !

alright ! got my belt a week ago and its phenominal ! Right on the money ! I called the place and asked if they wanted me to pass on my sales transaction number for ease of future purchasing, but before I said this they were already very informed "Maroon, No D's" girth...so I think we've made a pretty big impact on them.

now the bad news, there supplier is out :( so we'll have to wait a bit until the backlog is filled. But it defintely seems like we have a stable dealer once the backlog is in :)

gm

Cool!!!! So it seems as if these guys are going to work out afterall!! Did they give any indication as to when they might be re-supplied with these??
Damian

well, she said "maybe tomorrow, next week or two weeks" they too really don't know..its their supplier, but they will be getting more in...I think we have totally deluged them in orders because they knew who we were :)

Got Maul wrote:

I think we have totally deluged them in orders because they knew who we were :)

Sweet!!! So if we call them & say, "this is for a SW costume" they should know exactly what we are talking about?? If they've finally got this right, they'll probably be swamped with so many orders for these, they won't know what hit em:)

OK guys I know this has been talked about over and over. Mods please delete if necessary. Now the topic says it all, I was wondering how many of you's out their succesfully dyed the girth with the recipe used by board members here. Does it really work? I soaked my girth overnight with acetone to kill the synthetic fibers and washed it very very well. I then made the water in the pot very hot and dumped all the rit dye in it. Finally I added the girth and followed the instructions
used by a board member here. Sadly the final results were not good ,the girth turned out too light in color. So how about everyone elses experience , tell me about your results..

If you wanted advice on spraypainting one, then I`m your guy. But I`m sure that someone here will have some sort of dying experience.

JK3

Jango's kid wrote:

Got Maul wrote:

I think we have totally deluged them in orders because they knew who we were :)

Sweet!!! So if we call them & say, "this is for a SW costume" they should know exactly what we are talking about?? If they've finally got this right, they'll probably be swamped with so many orders for these, they won't know what hit em:)

They already have been hit ! That's why they are so backlogged ...remember the key words : Marroon, No D's

Hmmm... Jose, can you post pics of your girth? Also, I might send you my white girth to take comparison pics. I'd like to see hwo similar/different they are.

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long, I thought Art was going to post this for me...i guess some people are good for absolutely NOTHING !!!

JK

LOL

girth1.gif

i went into a local petsmart today and the horse department ( sorry i cant spell the fancy word for it :p ) . anyways i found girth belts there that are a wool/blend and the color is white. It was in the corner of the store and was called "the state line tack company. that is the name on the tag and with a toll free number 1 800 228-9208.. here is a link the price was 14.99
just looking at it i know it will take dye like nobodies business and plan on dyeing it after im done posting this, it will be brown for ESB fett unless someone tells me a different color really quickly

now the only thing i found odd is that i wear a size 36-38 waist in pants and to get this to go around me and have the 4 - 6 inch space for the straps is i had to get a size 40... they must be in european sizes. anyways i hope this info will help someone. pics will be coming soon

Patrick

Holy schnikies Batman!! Great find. I was out and about looking for a girth the other day and never even thought about Petsmart. Thanks for posting this.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back