Gauntlets Too Big

Stlfett

Hunter
Hey all,

I have a pair of Bobamaker ROTJ gauntlets and they are VERY large on me, at least 2 inch gap. I was looking for recommendations. So far, my ideas were to make an inner ring that matched to close the gap, wear something that puffs up my arm under the flightsuit, or making a leather covered foam inside insert for the gauntlets to make them look more finished.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue , although they are a lovely bit of kit . They just didn't fit my forearm , even with foam padding. I ended up selling them and getting another makers version which were a lot smaller.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s weird, I just got my v3 bobamakers in and I had one of his v2. The v3 is much bigger on the forearm but small on the wrist.
Luckily, I have big forearms.

I would recommend the foam or having a strap that wraps around the forearm / wrist. Then have foam for filler

Bobamakers are oversized, however if you plan on adding a servo kit to your helmet, the extra space will come in handy to add electronic. This was the reason why I picked up Bobamaker's set. The MOW fit snug on me and I was unable to add the electronics or the light kit. But like most mentioned you can try adding foam or even helmet foam pads like this to place were you need them

https://www.amazon.com/FMA-Replacem...28&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=helmet+padding&psc=1

D34CD785-7437-4941-9ADF-9FA209A3A8DE.jpeg
Pictures on your arm?

Bobamaker gauntlets have an overlaping calmshell set up. You will not be able to trim the bottom shell. You would need to trim from the top shell. Unfortunately, after you trim, it likely will not line up perfectly the way it does now based on the curve of it. But I can be done cautiously.

Honestly, I wouldn’t trim them. You run the chance of ruining them. I would say get a pair of fettprides from WF and commission someone to paint them. Maybe someone can get them out to you quick? Then just sell these.

RKD gauntlets are also big, so I would stay away from those too.

Honestly, I wouldn’t trim them. You run the chance of ruining them. I would say get a pair of fettprides from WF and commission someone to paint them. Maybe someone can get them out to you quick? Then just sell these.

RKD gauntlets are also big, so I would stay away from those too.
Yeah I’m sitting here staring at them not wanting to cut them. Doing some measuring, even if I trimmed them as close as I can and it works perfectly it’s still too big for my arm.

I might try to post something in the classifieds tomorrow to see if on a longshot anybody wants to do a swap in case a fettpride one would be too small for someone else. Worst case, I’ll just buy a new set.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Hi, Stlfett.. would you mind if I’m asking what the measurement (only length) of your Boba fett Gauntlet? Because My forearms (from elbow to my wrist) are about 25cm(9.8inch).
Thank you.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back