Gauntlet problem

Cruzer

Well-Known Hunter
Either I've got really massive forearms or my gauntlets are just too small. I like to blame it on the first one:lol:

Anyway, I need to replace the bottom halves of my gauntlets with something larger and something that will allow me to cut out the recessed squares(one gauntlet doesn't even have those right now). Any suggestions of what I can use to replace the lower halves of both my gauntlets would be greatly appreciated.

I liked the way the MOW gauntlets had more of a squared off bottom, but I don't think this is accurate for Jango. Anything will do that gives me more room to close those suckers and pull them higher up on my arms without having to struggle so much. I do have piano hinges on the insides that can be easily separated from the lower halves, and clips on the outside that allow me to bypass velcro closures.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.(y)
Thanks,
Cruzer

Last edited by a moderator:
...i'd say mine but I am super buff so they would be too big like 'papa bear' ;)

...I have noticed that about Jango gauntlets...they tend to be on the narrow side...thinking of just sculpting my own...or we could just have you do some :cheers

Laters
Lewis

I can give you my Star Fortress gloves, so your gauntlets just won´t be seen and you will have no problems with your gauntlets bottom (and the whole gauntlet)

I should have known I'd get no help with you three replying! :lol:

..and slavefive, isn't sculpting your area of expertise?8) I'm still waiting for your first run of chest armor. I'll need to upgrade mine asap when I finally catch up to you with a new leather vest.

I think I'll go buy some Super Big Gulps from 7Eleven and cut then in half and primer them. (y) I bet that'll be the first time a Big gulp cup has seen some R&B!

Cruzer

...LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...you are too funny...I would not say that is my area of expertise at all...

...btw my leather vest just came in too...sweet!!!...

...only prob now is I need to decide which version BKBT I will wear at events???...the reg one or the dented one:lol:

Laters
Lewis

PS Seriously tho I think you would get a kick out of sculting your own...you have way more talent just in your pinky then I do :cheers

Finally someone with an idea!;)

Thanks Kivas. Yeah I thought about that, but I was hoping to find something that is already formed and ready to go.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. If not, I'll probably go that route for now.

slavefive- must be rough having to decide between BKBT dented or undented!!! Yeah I'm really feeling your pain! coughShowoffcough:lol:

Crap! Now I've gotta go buy one of BKBT's dented versions!!!!!:lol: I wonder if he's got any buy 1 get the second one at a discount coupons?:lol:

Where's Andy when you need him to plug the Slavefive/Cruzer Jango Fett Wars.:lol:

Man I gotta get to work on this helmet and figure out how I'm going to justify it to my wife to buy a second one -with a dent no less! :confused ;)

Cruzer

The only ones that I know of that are apparently larger are the MOW gauntlets.
I am not sure what the new run looks like tho....

Seeing as it's only the bottom half I am sure you could whip something up in no time and be acurate as all... um..well you know...

Did you put foam in yours? if so have you reduced that to see if more comfortable?

Bro there a simple way to convince your lovely wife into letting you buy a second dented version.
Just tell your wife that some spoiled little boy named Lewis on the forums has two, so it’s only fair you get another one as well.;)
Cruzer said:
Where's Andy when you need him to plug the Slavefive/Cruzer Jango Fett Wars.:lol:
Ok, Plug I shall Lorenzo, plug I shall.:lol:

So we jump forward to July 2006 at Comic-Con, Lewis and Lorenzo meet into other in their Jango costumes, this is the actual heated conservation that will be overheard from the two, enjoy.8)

Cruzer: You will not be more screen accurate then me!

Slavefive: Your addiction and your lust for completion have already done that.

Slavefive: (continuing) You have allowed this Seeker to twist your mind with fixation.

Cruzer: Don't lecture me, Slavefive. I see through your dented BKBT bucket and JD armor, you fear the canon as I do. I have bought gauntlets, pouches, vest, and a cod for my new Jango.

Slavefive: Your new Jango?

Cruzer: Don't make me buy a dented bucket.

Slavefive: Cruzer, my allegiance is to custom mandos... to originality!

Cruzer: If you're Jango with me, you're my enemy.

Slavefive: Only a Fett deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.

Cruzer: You will try.

Leads into the Battle of the Heroes chorus with random girly slap fighting that will ensue between the two.:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're too much Andy. That very last part kills me :lol: :lol: :lol:

And just for the record, I've made all of my armor!!;) ...well ok except for a few pieces that is (JD cod and knees)...but they're heavily modified, I promise! But I am trying to be at the top of the list for when slavefive starts his first run of chest armor. And there's always Seekers armor to drool over.(y)

Cruzer

LOL, I’ll take you word for it bro.;):lol:
Besides knowing your level of ingenuity and resourcefulness I wouldn’t doubt you pulling a MacGyver and turning a pencil and rubber band into a full functional RPG.:lol:

I’m glad you liked that last bit; it’s all in good fun, I’m so proud to know the two of you have equal great Jangos in the works that will be truly sick.:love

...slap!!!...stop it!!!...slap, slap!!!!....(little girly noises) :lol:

...I have to side w/Lorenzo's Jango...they guy is way resourceful...me I just buy stuff ;)

...A shout-out to seeker!!!...hook a fellow brotha Jango Names Cruzer up w/some of yo badazz armor brotha!!!!!!

...cruzer I still need your addy bro...PM me so I send you the stuff ;)

Later
Lewis

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The girly slap stuff takes the cake!!!

slavefive, PM'd you my addy. Be sure to send that belt. I don't mind fix'n your screw ups:lol: ;). J/K... I'll fix it up right for you bro. It'll look so good you won't even recongnize it when it comes back to you. ;) It'll be even better than mine now that I have the experience of the first one under my belt.

You've heard the phase "trying to keep up with the Joneses".

We'll in my household we say "trying to keep up with Lewises while trying to reach Seeker quality" :lol:

Later,
Cruzer

LOL ... all I know is I appreciate it all as it provides great reference information.

P.s.. the girly slap stuff would go better in say... a tub with green jello? LOL

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back