FOUND PART!!! Helmet keyslot circuit board

Yeah, me too...I'd love to have a clean resin copy of this puppy ready to install in my MSH2 when I get it back from Lee...

Is this in the cards?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't there silicone parts/chips on these MQ-1 guts? And are you going to use Silicone RTV? And doesn't Silicone stick to silicone? Just a friendly warning. :D

Awesome, not only does Braks have time to "Save the World" in the other thread, he has time to get copies made of these boards.

Great work Braks,

Loranar

CLEAR! ZAP! resucitating old old thread... So the ESB helmet has the full board or no?, and its not reinforced with anything? The board is kind of brittle, only being held together in the middle with thin wires. What does anyone do for an ESB installation? Suggestions?

My assessment is, no, the full board is not used, only the upper half. I believe the lower half is just a flat piece of plastic. From what we can see inside the helmet, there is nothing reinforcing the calculator. It appears to simply be expoied directly in to the back of the helmet.

I know I'm new around here, but the two greeblies look an awful lot like electrolytic capacitors to me. Looks as though the top one even has a lead bent over. Is that possible?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back