Father In Law Fett ROTJ Build

We have the base metallic silver down on the shin tools and starting to scratch them up a bit before the rest of the details go down. Hoping to have these done in the next day or so. Motivation is at its peak the closer we get to having this done.
Shin 1.jpg

So much for getting the shin tools done in the "next couple of days." 24 hours and they are done. Seeing if we can squeeze in one more day before Christmas to work on a few more things. Would like to get the jet pack harness and boots checked off the list before the end of the year.

Shin 2.0.jpg

I've just noticed the activation button greeblies, are the supposed to be that way round?
Are you referring to the pieces on the side of the thrusters with the red inside? I believe they are supposed to be that round. Any photos that I have seen up to this point has them completely round. Are you seeing something else?

Are you referring to the pieces on the side of the thrusters with the red inside? I believe they are supposed to be that round. Any photos that I have seen up to this point has them completely round. Are you seeing something else?

I think that Zom0898 was talking about the orientation of the activation button and not about its shape. The original have a slight taper toward the exterior end, while yours is straight. Most likely you inserted those the other way (with the tapered part inside):
Boba-Fett-Costume-AoSW-2000-039.jpg

I think that Zom0898 was talking about the orientation of the activation button and not about its shape. The original have a slight taper toward the exterior end, while yours is straight. Most likely you inserted those the other way (with the tapered part inside):

Thanks for pointing that out. Everything was already attached when we received the jet pack. Well now this is going to bug me...I wonder if that detail will have any impact of him getting approved?

View attachment 170389
Thanks for pointing that out. Everything was already attached when we received the jet pack. Well now this is going to bug me...I wonder if that detail will have any impact of him getting approved?

View attachment 170389
Yeah this is what I ment, I'm not dissing your build mate I was just asking as I'll be putting that part together soon

Yeah this is what I ment, I'm not dissing your build mate I was just asking as I'll be putting that part together soon
Definitely didn't take it as a dis. I really appreciate you bringing it up as we all want to be as accurate as possible. I think while we are working on the rest of the build I'll try to order those pieces and replace them. Thanks again!

Definitely didn't take it as a dis. I really appreciate you bringing it up as we all want to be as accurate as possible. I think while we are working on the rest of the build I'll try to order those pieces and replace them. Thanks again!
I guess I’m still having a hard time figuring out what you guys are referring to? Which part of the activation button...? They both look the same to me, so I must be missing something!

This community is unreal! The amount of knowledge and feedback from everyone has truly made this huge undertaking of building a Fett not as stressful. Thank you everyone! On a side note, activation buttons are ordered and on their way. Thanks Zom0898 and RafalFett for the good catch on the jetpack.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back