Father In Law Fett ROTJ Build

Thats a good looking helmet. I’m about to start mine had any advice ?
Thank you. I used Jayvee's guide as closely as possible. Take your time, and plan each layer as you work your way up. At the end I shaved off some graphite and used that to get the darker/dirty spots on the helmet. I also went through a TON of masking tape. If you have one roll...it won't be enough. Speaking of masking tape, make sure to let the paint really dry between layers as you risk pulling up areas of paint. The green frog masking tape seemed to work better than the blue 3M tape. Good luck, looking forwarding to seeing it.

bh19812

Jr Hunter
Thank you. I used Jayvee's guide as closely as possible. Take your time, and plan each layer as you work your way up. At the end I shaved off some graphite and used that to get the darker/dirty spots on the helmet. I also went through a TON of masking tape. If you have one roll...it won't be enough. Speaking of masking tape, make sure to let the paint really dry between layers as you risk pulling up areas of paint. The green frog masking tape seemed to work better than the blue 3M tape. Good luck, looking forwarding to seeing it.
Thanks. How much was sprayed and how much was topical with a brush? I have to search out the Jayvee thread not sure if I'm following it.

Thanks. How much was sprayed and how much was topical with a brush? I have to search out the Jayvee thread not sure if I'm following it.
I would say 95% of it was sprayed and layered. All I did topically were the small paint specs where there are large silver areas showing through. I did a small part on the left cheek topically, but the rest was layered. Here is the link to the thread that I followed. I believe this specific helmet is being used as the current CRL for the ROTJ Fett. It really helped a ton as there are a lot of photos.

Last edited:

bh19812

Jr Hunter
I would say 95% of it was sprayed and layered. All I did topically were the small paint specs were there are large silver areas showing through. I did a small part on the left cheek topically, but the rest was layered. Here is the link to the thread that I followed. I believe this specific helmet is being used as the current CRL for the ROTJ Fett. It really helped a ton as there are a lot of photos.

That is awesome thank you

New update: Since the ROTJ CRL is not completed our GML sent the application to BHG for approval. It is in their hands at the moment and awaiting approval or feedback. Papa Fett can't wait to get going.