Cape ESB Civil War Blanket Cape

Courtesy BUMP, I think this could be promising.
Haha thank you! Definitely gonna be a nice run. I’ll make sure to keep everyone updated as samples come in and hopefully that garners some more interest.

I can probably make it happen with about 25 interested and front the costs to meet the minimums. I’m confident that once people get their hands on the final product they’ll go fast.

The ESB cape is not wool, that is certain.

Wool does not fray, nor wrinkle properly.
1610567235210.png

It is by no means certain. There’s a lot of debate about it and many believe this is the material. As you can see from these examples, the type of wool I’m using in fact does wrinkle and fray. View attachment 205400View attachment 205401View attachment 205402View attachment 205403
I did exactly what you are doing. For many years. Researched all types of weaves and thicknesses. It’s just not wool. It’s a cool idea to think that the piece came from some obscure and unique history but not everything on the costume has a cool backstory. Sometimes it’s just...
1610779646790.jpeg

I did exactly what you are doing. For many years. Researched all types of weaves and thicknesses. It’s just not wool. It’s a cool idea to think that the piece came from some obscure and unique history but not everything on the costume has a cool backstory. Sometimes it’s just...
View attachment 205522
To each his own then man. Tbh, the material you posted doesn’t look any closer to the original as a match. It’s an interest thread and folks will be able to decide if they like the look when the sample arrives. I, like others, own the MoW wool cape, but I felt that it was too much like a fleece blanket for my liking. However a lot of people like it and recommend it. At the end of the day it comes down to preference unless you’ve got the original in hand.

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back