ESB 7CS - DVH Jetpack WIP

Kill Stripe

New Hunter
Going to start a "Work in progress" on this thing of beauty.
IMG_20190907_083150.jpg

Its a 7CS aka DVH Jet pack. To be painted ESB Style with all metal upgrades from Dark Side and hooks by full metal fett. Just need to purchase a beacon, stabaliser and dental file.

I will also hopefully be fitting a remote control smoking thrusters set up and if I can get it to work remote operated rocket fins. And a voice amp speaker set up by TRamp.

To be painted in ArchiveX paints.

First up on the list will be modifying and fitting the thrusters. 10mm threaded hollow tube on order...... Time to drill out the thrusters....

Thrusters
This jetpack will be fitted with a remote control smoke system in the main body to both of the thrusters so the hose needs to feed into the nozzle bodies through the fixings.
Hopefully an electric light fixing which consists of a threaded hollow tube with nut should be suitable enough for the job.
IMG_20190915_162408.jpg

Drilled a hole from the side and underside
IMG_20190915_114343.jpg
IMG_20190915_171439.jpg

Then epoxed in the tube. When it was dry I test fitted the metal bits
IMG_20190915_154253.jpg

IMG_20190915_154233.jpg

Just waiting on thruster nozzle disc to arrive.

i gotta send ya the piece that attaches to the upper rocket that probably fell out of the gigantic hole in the box when ya got it lol. I'll do that Monday and include the chincup i forgot to send. :)

the rocket that comes with the kit is hollow, but i dunno how well it will work for the conversion you wanna do. There are free 3D files for it on thingiverse under stormtrooperguy, maybe that can help? If not i'll try and cast one that may be able to hold up to the mods ya wanna do.

The metal pieces arrived from Dark Side over the weekend so I fitted them straight away. Using RafalFett 's excellent schematics

Jetpack Top Basic Measurements.jpg

I drew the lines and positions of the Stabaliser and beacon.

Sorry for the poor images its a tricky area to capture easily.

IMG_20191007_104121.jpg

IMG_20191004_135732.jpg

Drilled the holes and fitted the pieces

IMG_20191007_103558.jpg

Just need to wire up the beacon and attach the dental file once the JP has been painted.
Next up cutting the jetpack body underside vents hole out for the speaker.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back