Elstree Precision Co Ltd Hero Metal Ears Project

Steven, I love how with each image you post we are delighted with amazing details of the ears, but also some great info from John.
By the way, Andy, you are so lucky that you live near Elstree. Can't wait to see your insight regarding your visit.

Levi, I am so grateful that we are working with someone like John that is truly passionate about the end product as well as the process. He enjoys taking the photos and providing updates for this thread.

I am definitely jealous that Andy got to go, but so appreciate that he did!

Adjustments made...

A766F9E8-3F85-46B7-898C-8681CC60C755.jpeg

C06BD29C-482C-41A0-A14F-3F1022ECE0F3.jpeg

329DC8E7-3A58-4553-AC44-B8B206F376EE.jpeg

DD920569-7272-4287-8A1D-24EC70554D0C.jpeg

975D0E07-40A9-4F34-A15C-CF8C9A707E47.jpeg

A311BF6F-8A8E-4809-8800-97785DF62A7C.jpeg

John modified the switch aperture then located & recorded the bolt hole position.

1B9AA0EA-4FD9-406D-B13C-912DC924007F.jpeg

Switch on position.

FB18EA0F-EC16-4B32-8028-609A2D1FE9EB.jpeg

John then countersunk 2 appropriate sized BA machine screws into the base. He likes it better than grinding of heads.

5EDA0659-CF88-48EB-9F36-C6D33A049C55.jpeg

And at last, John has added the 3 detail holes in the lower RH ear.

E860D36C-CECA-4128-8B84-4C0D4DADF328.jpeg

John used a mix of cad data and his usual ESB screen measurements to create the spacing. He will compare on Monday as he ran out of time even though he worked late.

8B48DA82-396E-4514-A655-9AD4B4B2A184.jpeg

This man is a machine!

Where Elstree engineering involved in any other aspects of fett or the star wars universe?

More to follow on this. John brought up the gauntlet rocket early on in our conversations as that was one of the other more complicated and iconic pieces that Elstree Precision provides LFL with for the OT.

Stupid question. Would these fit on a FPH2 or is that not considered a hero sized helmet?

These will not fit the FPH2 helmets. These are being specifically made to fit helmets made with lineage to the screen used helmets - specifically the ESB Hero helmets that have recently become publicly offered.

At some point, makers of non-lineage helmets could adjust their ear platform sizes to fit the hero ears to otherwise fan sculpted helmets. It would be nice to have more universal components that are interchangeable with various sculpts and helmets In the future.

Machine Craft Replicas did the last run of metal ears for the FPH2. I have them on my FPH2 and they’re great. I don’t know when they‘re going to make another run because they are also in the middle of a hero sized ear run, but you could always message them to ask

These will not fit the FPH2 helmets. These are being specifically made to fit helmets made with lineage to the screen used helmets - specifically the ESB Hero helmets that have recently become publicly offered.

At some point, makers of non-lineage helmets could adjust their ear platform sizes to fit the hero ears to otherwise fan sculpted helmets. It would be nice to have more universal components that are interchangeable with various sculpts and helmets In the future.

Machine Craft Replicas did the last run of metal ears for the FPH2. I have them on my FPH2 and they’re great. I don’t know when they‘re going to make another run because they are also in the middle of a hero sized ear run, but you could always message them to ask
To my knowledge, the ESB hero helmets by MF and MCR both have the damage of a SE helmet, for obvious reasons, but not all that damage was present during the filming of ESB, right? Unless I'm wrong. So am I wrong to assume that it wouldn't be correct to paint them in anything other than SE without alteration to the cast? (I'm still learning, so please excuse me if I'm completely wrong and sound really stupid)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back