Elstree Precision Co Ltd Hero Metal Ears Project

boba87fett

Active Hunter
I have 9 reserved for people that have said they are for sure interested so far with 4 more people that have expressed interest, but haven't decided yet.

boba87fett

Active Hunter
Another cool development.

“Attached is the earliest company logo I can find & is dated to 1984. Prior to this, plain paper was used the embossed with a company stamp!

Guess what. We still have the stamp & I am happy to stamp the certificates with it which will give even more heritage to the pieces as this stamp would have been used with all coorespondance with Lucas Films during all 3 films.”

boba87fett

Active Hunter
The hero helmet has arrived at Elstree after being delayed for a week.

John has been digging through their records and hardware to identify as much original hardware as possible.

“Today I have been working on the hardware. Compiling a list of bolts, nuts & washers etc.
We would have used bolts from the same actual stock shown here.”

E33F92ED-4C63-4680-9613-69FCF9860A57.png

Strider

Jr Hunter
May have found some vintage Honeywell micro switches to include with the kits.

Should have them in my hands within a week to verify. They seem to match the one cast into the GMH. Notice the raised “micro” writing.
Is there a difference between the ones you can find on ebay (same model) and the vintage ones?

boba87fett

Active Hunter
Is there a difference between the ones you can find on ebay (same model) and the vintage ones?
There appear to be several minor differences, but I will be able to better provide some insight once I have these to compare to the newly made versions of the same model. Could just be the color of the switch button and the printed part number on the side looking older, but it looks like the thickness of the word “micro” could be thicker. Maybe not though. Plus from the casting we can’t tell the color of the button anyway. More to follow.

Either way I bought 40 of these on eBay. They may still have some more packs of 8 left if you want some too.

- Steven

Attachments

Strider

Jr Hunter
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the comparison. I was actually just thinking of 3D printing Levi's model of them. Shipping costs of these things to Europe are usually way more expensive than the switches themselves...

boba87fett

Active Hunter
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the comparison. I was actually just thinking of 3D printing Levi's model of them. Shipping costs of these things to Europe are usually way more expensive than the switches themselves...
Shipping can be brutal

Last edited:

boba87fett

Active Hunter
What's going on with the stormtrooper helmet?! Is that Khaki HDPE?
“And my guys still wear white lab coats. I call them my Stormtroopers.

Incidentally. My lab coat is black. Just saying.... ”

That’s a lab coat with the stormtrooper helmet lol

boba87fett

Active Hunter
The Elstree Fett helmet enjoyed a nice day trip to the Rebel Base on Yavin IV today lol...

John took it with him to the filming location in historic air ship hangars in Bedfordshire.

Attachments

boba87fett

Active Hunter
Vintage Honeywell Micro Switch compared to a contemporary Honeywell Micro Switch. Both are 1SX1-T models.

The vintage is from The 24th week of 1974 and the contemporary one is from the 26th week of 2007.

Notice the thickness of the word “MICRO” on the vintage Micro Switch when compared to the GMH Micro Switch.

Shown in my MCR metal ears.

Attachments

Last edited: