EFX losing SW license?

jhfagan

Active Hunter
I haven't seen nor heard about any new or upcoming SW products from EFX, save the recent Mandalorian helm release, but given the recent interactions with Gino selling the 1st gen casts of their prop molds from the ESB helm, it seems to me EFX is either not continuing with SW, or just Boba products?

I haven't seen nor heard about any new or upcoming SW products from EFX, save the recent Mandalorian helm release, but given the recent interactions with Gino selling the 1st gen casts of their prop molds from the ESB helm, it seems to me EFX is either not continuing with SW, or just Boba products?
Is that simply speculation or is it based on something in particular?

Obviously they have recently done their plastic Boba helmet run, which seemed to sell out pretty quick barring those few left on ebay and so on.

The long awaited legend helmet has had no news for a while. One would have to wonder how much the market for that would be watered down by all of these ESB casts in circulation. The argument has always been that there are licensed collectors and fan made collectors with some intermingling. I cannot but think that any ESB legend would have to be a very expensive product in order to make it work and I am not sure how palatable that will be to the legions who now possess ESB casts. I think they may have missed the boat, given what has transpired with all of these other casts. Who knows?!

RS acquiring the G1 mold has nothing to do with eFx.

I'm betting the correlation to that event is the release of the MCR-ESB.

You guys clearly know more than me; what's the rub?

From what I understand is that factories in China are not good at fiber-glassing and is the result of a lot of the Anovos delays we're seeing now. What ever factory eFx used for the Mandalorian helmet were able to do a run of 750 in a quick turn around which is good news BUT we all know how difficult the Fett helmet is to make and paint. The reason why the PCR was released first is because it costs way less to produce than a fiberglass and certain quality can be overlooked say compared to a Legend helmet at a higher price point.

Now, there's a lot behind the scenes that I don't know but as an educated person (who lately hasn't been wrong about the ESB hero developments) I would bet that the introduction of the ESB-MCR, banning of Gino, and RS getting their G1 helmet are all connected. I would also bet that if there was no reveal of the ESB hero, be claiming it a 3D scan or fan scuplt, the ESB-MCR or RS wouldn't be available to the community.

Again, all educated guesses.

Is that simply speculation or is it based on something in particular?

Obviously they have recently done their plastic Boba helmet run, which seemed to sell out pretty quick barring those few left on ebay and so on.

The long awaited legend helmet has had no news for a while. One would have to wonder how much the market for that would be watered down by all of these ESB casts in circulation. The argument has always been that there are licensed collectors and fan made collectors with some intermingling. I cannot but think that any ESB legend would have to be a very expensive product in order to make it work and I am not sure how palatable that will be to the legions who now possess ESB casts. I think they may have missed the boat, given what has transpired with all of these other casts. Who knows?!
Speculation, and I certainly don't aim to stir up anything by it...was just curious if there were any correlations to that series of events, and who might end up with Fett or licensed SW product in general.

The PCR licensed. A rumored legend would be as well. eFx has gone a few years between releases I think they're okay.

Now, there's a lot behind the scenes that I don't know but as an educated person (who lately hasn't been wrong about the ESB hero developments) I would bet that the introduction of the ESB-MCR, banning of Gino, and RS getting their G1 helmet are all connected. I would also bet that if there was no reveal of the ESB hero, be claiming it a 3D scan or fan scuplt, the ESB-MCR or RS wouldn't be available to the community.

Again, all educated guesses.

I'd go along with something like this. The open sale of the minute helmets has directly, or indirectly, led to the other casts moving to the fore.

Genie doesn't go back into bottle

I'd go along with something like this. The open sale of the minute helmets has directly, or indirectly, led to the other casts moving to the fore.

Genie doesn't go back into bottle

Indirectly these helmets have been available for a long time, even if they've been recasts. The genie was a recast available so publicly on the forums, almost forcing others with genuine casts to come out of that bottle.

Either way it'll be interesting to see if eFx comes out with a legend moving forward.

If anovos still has their license despite the law suit against them, I don’t see efx losing theirs.
Truth, and it's been years already? I had problems with them with the first wave of Original TK and TFA TK. Still waiting on replacement parts. And I filed a claim a while back. I don't see them going under anytime soon?

EFX really shut the door on themselves with any chance of releasing a Hero Fett by waiting 8 years (since the mold was created in 2012).

it’s a shame. But now with the hero casts available in RAW for, from a number of makers, and a variety of high end painters and finishers —they don’t have much wiggle room.

Gino making and selling casts of the Fett under the table behind EFX’s back, yeah. That cememted his trust and fate at EFX. Hats off to Bryan for doing the right thing.

As for the EFX Mando and how fast they turned it around. Kinda wish they’d have slowed down with the pulls, to make sure they got em all right. Some were rather sloppy, including mine.

EFX really shut the door on themselves with any chance of releasing a Hero Fett by waiting 8 years (since the mold was created in 2012).

it’s a shame. But now with the hero casts available in RAW for, from a number of makers, and a variety of high end painters and finishers —they don’t have much wiggle room.

Gino making and selling casts of the Fett under the table behind EFX’s back, yeah. That cememted his trust and fate at EFX. Hats off to Bryan for doing the right thing.

As for the EFX Mando and how fast they turned it around. Kinda wish they’d have slowed down with the pulls, to make sure they got em all right. Some were rather sloppy, including mine.

Who did Gino sell casts to under the table and when? My understanding is that Bryan Ono knew about the guys that helped mold the ESB Hero getting some helmets back in 2012 and that he got one too. Is there more to that story?

My understanding is that the raw helmets that are out there now didn’t come from Gino selling them behind EFX’s back. The story I’ve heard several places is that another member of the original crew let one out of their possession, but it seems Gino always gets blamed for them being in the wild? Have you heard something different?

Who did Gino sell casts to under the table and when? My understanding is that Bryan Ono knew about the guys that helped mold the ESB Hero getting some helmets back in 2012 and that he got one too. Is there more to that story?

My understanding is that the raw helmets that are out there now didn’t come from Gino selling them behind EFX’s back. The story I’ve heard several places is that another member of the original crew let one out of their possession, but it seems Gino always gets blamed for them being in the wild? Have you heard something different?
I second that... Really confusing, all of this. I someone could take the second to tell me, what to everyone else seems to be common knowledge, I'd very much appretiate it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back