Helmet Ear Cap Attachment Question

ChuyLlamas

New Hunter
I was hoping that somebody could lend their expertise and help me with the ear caps. I have a Cruzer helmet and I am ready to attach the ear caps. My question is, what method is the best for marking the spots on the side where I need to drill? I have some ideas in mind, but I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations.

The way I did it was to drill holes in the helmet first and then put the ears in place and mark the ears through the holes

The way I did it was to drill holes in the helmet first and then put the ears in place and mark the ears through the holes
I think I get what you mean, but I should add that the ears already have something in them. I'm not sure the technical name, but it is a receiver for the screw to screw into and it protrudes from them. I can post a picture if you think that would be helpful.

Drill the base of the ear cap then position that onto the helmet then make a mark through the hole onto the helmet itself

Thanks for the suggestions, with your advice and with a little bit of reckless abandon I was able to get them in place without incident.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back