Dyeing Soft Parts ROTJ

James Hunt

New Hunter
Hey guys I'm looking to dye my MOW soft parts for an ROTJ suit: Flight Suit, Ankle Spats, Flak Vest, and Collar. What are the best RIT dye colors to get the look?

Here is what I used for the flight suit recipe:

Flight Suit - Correct color for ROTJ Boba flight suit.

I will have to go through my notes for the belt pouches & spats.

For the flak vest all I did was mist it with spray paints. I used flat black & flat brown. Plus some wet on wet weathering.

Thanks so much I will take all the help I can get :D, I have your dyeing process written down(and I was going to give it a try tomorrow). Is your flight suit MOW or something else? And lastly, do you have any last minute pointers?

My suit is a MOW. As for pointers. Just be careful, dyeing my flight suit was one of the most nerve racking things I did on my build. But I was happy with my results. I did multiple test on like fabric as the suit to make sure I could duplicate the results & was very happy with the results. I am going on 5 years & I have done 60 events & it has held up well.

My suit is a MOW. As for pointers. Just be careful, dyeing my flight suit was one of the most nerve racking things I did on my build. But I was happy with my results. I did multiple test on like fabric as the suit to make sure I could duplicate the results & was very happy with the results. I am going on 5 years & I have done 60 events & it has held up well.

The formulas you used to dye, i think I saw somewhere that you had them scaled down for test fabrics. You wouldn't happen to have remembered those would you?

And do you recommend washing the garments before dyeing them?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back