Droidbait's Jango Build

Hopefully the measurement pictures I sent you will help out with making the metal parts when you get ready..
They will for sure! I just got a quote from a machinist. The price for one set is not worth it. He charges $60hr and he said it will be 10-12hrs for one set. If I can get 15-50 people interested in aluminum bits then it will be worth it. He will be able to do a kit price.

Also JANGO SUNDAY??
20200705_103049.jpg

havacdon you might be right, it's the clearest shot of the dent but I could have sworn i could have seen the dent appear in the shot when he's firing down at Obi-Wan. Hard to tell anyway cuz of the resolution and rain effects. Def seemed to me the CGI render had always had it.
droidbait, what's even more confusing is in the publicity still here Jango has the rocket in this shot but he doesn't in the film lol
7 - Jango Fett Wallpaper (5).jpg

starwars2-movie-screencaps_com-7103.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your gauntlet pieces machined! They look wonderful. Just seeing the gear laid out like that makes me giddy for my own Jango to finally begin! I love the non-dented look personally for Jango. I feel the dent should have just been Boba's thing seeing as its his trademark just a preference...but i know why they did it, its cool regardless! I'm aware the dented version is one of the criterias for the 501st approval with the JT-12 too is that the plan? If so you'll kill it!

Last edited:
TheBobaFett this is just for fun, after being in the 501st for I think 8 years now. Last year I decided to leave the Legion. I'm doing the best in my abilities to get this screen accurate as possible and have fun while I build this. It's been fun for the most part. Also I'm doing both Kamino and Arena. I have both helmets and both jetpacks.

I have mad respect for your decision since i'm actually planning on doing the same without any criterias. Much more fun with no limitations. Rogue Hunters ftw haha.

Thanks guys! You guys keep me going. Thank you so much!

And I'm going to derail this thread but man. My favorite costume I worked on was the Mud Trooper. I wish other forums are active such as this one. Although this is a build thread, I really miss the interactions with people on forums. Making some internet friends. What costumes do you guys like?

20190717_185729.jpg
20190702_194058.jpg
20190702_194818.jpg
20190702_193644.jpg

Costumes? I'm more a props guy, lightsabers, blasters, even harry potter wands. But if it comes to costumes, I love stormtroopers, jamgo and boba, 300 spartan, battlestar galactica and Halo characters, like ODST/spartans. But I would only fit a Jango because of my height, so I only work on helmets nowadays, although I used to own some screen used costumes from BSG (new series).

Costumes? I'm more a props guy, lightsabers, blasters, even harry potter wands. But if it comes to costumes, I love stormtroopers, jamgo and boba, 300 spartan, battlestar galactica and Halo characters, like ODST/spartans. But I would only fit a Jango because of my height, so I only work on helmets nowadays, although I used to own some screen used costumes from BSG (new series).
DUDE! I'm working on ODSTs right now also! I am pretty short, so I'm limited to the costumes I want to do... those are pretty cool costumes and props.

I buffed a thin layer on most of the armor today. Yesterday I fiberglassed some areas for extra strength. Backplate, shins, knees, gauntlets. The lower talon part of the codpiece also strengthened.

Side note, I got the CNC machinist apprenticeship today. Pretty happy about that! It's my next step in life. I can hope in the near future learn how to operate the lathe and CNC router I have at my shop. Bought and never learned. But now is my chance.

20200706_165842.jpg

20200706_165859.jpg
20200706_165917.jpg

Dark Energy Creations put up a presale on Jango Blasters. Just ordered my second blaster from him.

My ShortFuse decals came in! Get them for your car, totes, bins, your locker at work. Haha
20200709_182425.jpg

TheBobaFett this is just for fun, after being in the 501st for I think 8 years now. Last year I decided to leave the Legion. I'm doing the best in my abilities to get this screen accurate as possible and have fun while I build this. It's been fun for the most part. Also I'm doing both Kamino and Arena. I have both helmets and both jetpacks.

View attachment 193470
TOTALLY agree with both of you in stepping away from the Legion. Have been a prop and costume collector since the early 90s. Joined Star Garrison in 2002 and was XO and GML for a few years and retired in 2012. I am back to where I was in the mid 90s, having a passion for this Hobby and making Great Friends and not Negative waves. My Jango build is for me, and no one else.

Keep up the Awesome work!!!

TOTALLY agree with both of you in stepping away from the Legion. Have been a prop and costume collector since the early 90s. Joined Star Garrison in 2002 and was XO and GML for a few years and retired in 2012. I am back to where I was in the mid 90s, having a passion for this Hobby and making Great Friends and not Negative waves. My Jango build is for me, and no one else.

Keep up the Awesome work!!!
That’s what it’s all about right? We should start our own club. :p

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back