Blaster Display stand ideas for Fett's EE-3?

bcurtis

Active Hunter
Hey folks, I'm looking for some ideas for a display stand for my ESB EE-3. I'm tired of having to lean it up against the corner of the room or having an anxiety attack when I have to lay it on its side for worry of greeblies coming off.

I've been looking at gun and rifle display stands online but with the weird dimensions of the Webely, and the sheer number of stands out there, I'm not sure which one would work out. Has anyone sourced something that works for them? I'm interested in displaying it on a tabletop, not hanging on a wall. Thanks!

IMG_1999.jpg

I wonder if you could make a base made out of wood and have it have a carbon-freeze display w/ lights. Make arms that will hold the ee-3?

I wonder if you could make a base made out of wood and have it have a carbon-freeze display w/ lights. Make arms that will hold the ee-3?

I WISH I had that kind of talent. I found a guy who sells custom Star Wars acrylic stands on ebay. I contacted him through his facebook page to see if I can commission him for a stand. I'll certainly want to add LEDs to it. Perhaps I could try and draw up a carbon chamber floor pattern design or something. Off to the drawing board...literally. Lol.

this was my idea for my ROTJ EE3 themed base!

IMG_2185.jpgIMG_2184.jpgwanted it to look like it was found near the sarlacc pit, obviously in reality it would be chopped in half:D

I'm about to start my life-size carbonfreezing chamber base and you shouldn't have any issues making one yourself! It'd be cool if that guy could make you just the acrylic arms that you can install in the base.

- - - Updated - - -

Daft Aider that's an awesome base!

I'm about to start my life-size carbonfreezing chamber base and you shouldn't have any issues making one yourself! It'd be cool if that guy could make you just the acrylic arms that you can install in the base.

That's not a bad idea. I could fashion the base out of wood, I suppose and paint it up. Installing the LEDs will be no problem. That'll save me a lot of $$ as well. Maybe I could make the base myself, and have the acrylic guy make the arms and maybe a clear top plate with some text and a logo to lay on top of the base. Hmmm... The thing is, all I have is a dremel, lol. Impossible?

I repurposed a force fx lightsaber stand and my EE-3 sits on that. All it took was a couple pieces of ABS plastic and a dremmel to shape it to the gun and stick the plastic into the holes that were already in the stand. Added bonus is that it already has the Star Wars logo in gold lettering on it.

I repurposed a force fx lightsaber stand and my EE-3 sits on that. All it took was a couple pieces of ABS plastic and a dremmel to shape it to the gun and stick the plastic into the holes that were already in the stand. Added bonus is that it already has the Star Wars logo in gold lettering on it.

I have one of those laying around. Do you have any photos of it?

Funny story, I HAD repurposed it to hold my E-11. When I got the EE-3 I was going to make new plastic inserts but on a whim I tried the ones that came with the lightsaber and it worked. I forgot the I had tried that. Mine is ROTJ but it might work with the ESB EE-3 as well.

imagejpg1_zpsfd9f76a9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This is the pic with the E-11 inserts

image_zps22af36e5.gif

Thanks dude. Unfortunately that's too far out of the price range for me. I plan on going local to get the acrylic arms (?) built, and then fabricating the rest myself.

So I went ahead and created a design and sent it to Flux Dimensions to have it created in acrylic. The stand arrived today and I am SO pleased with it! I will start building a wooden base for it now that will house orange, amber, and red LEDs. I am considering adding sound to it as well. Most likely the carbon chamber sound effects. We'll see how that goes.

I'm pretty stoked about it. If you're looking for a stand for your EE-3 or other props, I can't recommend Flux Dimensions enough. You can find him on Facebook. He was beyond patient with all of my requests.

Here's a couple of hastily taken photos:

EE3stand4.jpgEE3stand1.jpgEE3stand5.jpgEE3stand2.jpgEE3stand3.jpg

For those who never saw my finished EE-3 with the electronics installed, here is the link to the final product as well as the link to the progress thread.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/...3-w-blaster-core-v4-0-finally-finished-51788/

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/making-progress-esb-ee-3-a-49887/

I will post photos once I have added the base and LEDs. Stay tuned...

WOW....how much did they charge? Looks great!

Thanks, man. I'm not sure what he'd charge for it now. It was way more work than the price he quoted me in the beginning (which he still honored). I'd hit him up and see what he's asking now. He asked me not to say how little he charged for mine, but I will say that it was very affordable and I can't imagine that the new price will be much more than what I paid. I wish I could say more. I think he normally just etches on the top of the acrylic, but I requested that he paint the underside of the acrylic black (so I would still get the really nice acrylic shiny finish from the top side) and then etch through the paint from underneath. He was really patient with all of my requests.

Here's a link to his facebook page (tell him Bryan Curtis sent you): https://www.facebook.com/fluxdimensions?fref=ts

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back