DeathProof's ROTJ Fett: BH-32794

All of tamiya paints are acrylics. It's personal preference, I like acrylics as I feel they're easier to work with and clean up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys!

Here's a quick video on the voice changer that I've been playing around with.

Supplies

1. Aker 1505 Amp (with supplied microphone, speaker and male to male cable)
2. iPhone 4s
3. Voice Synth App from the App Store
4. 4-pin to 3-Pin audio mic/headphone splitter (DON"T USE THIS - UPDATE BELOW)

The audio sample in the video isn't the greatest - recorded on an iPad, plus my own voice kinda overpowered the speaker and I didn't want to get feedback.

Things to REMEMBER: You MUST connect both the speaker and microphone cables BEFORE you plug in the splitter to your phone. Otherwise the speaker works without the mic (for some odd reason). Also I have not found a way for this to work with the phone locked. I'm debating putting some type of protector over the phone to avoid buttons being pushed while in my pouch. Finally, ...if you receive a call while using this...well...maybe you should set your ringtone to the Imperial March or something :)

Other voice changers can be oodles of dollars. The splitter was $8, the app was $5. Not a bad deal.

IF you are interested in this.....GUESS WHAT....I can EXPORT the presets that I made and EMAIL them to you! You just need the Voice Synth app to install them!

Let me know what you think!

**** Update *****

I had several audio issues and after much trouble shooting, it came down to the splitter not being compatible with my amp setup. If you are using the Aker system, this is the best splitter:

iPhone 1/8 inch electret condenser microphone and headphone adapter - 3.5mm 4 conductor TRRS Male to 3.5mm TRS Jacks

It's more money, but I got the results. If you get the PRO version of the app, you can lock your screen while the app is still running. For more info on my research for this, see this thread: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/what-you-guys-using-voice-changer-49732/index2.html

Does it have to be an iPhone?

Great research and follow up. Working a couple solutions myself. Waiting for one more part in the mail. Once I get it all, I'll post the work up and results.

Sent from my iPhone

Just to warn you this is not allowed under 501st or MMCC trooping events (and every con I know of) as it shots real flames (even if momentary).

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

crumdum is definitely right, but it's still an awesome idea.

Hope it turns out, DeathProof, even if it is just for personal fun. Isn't that one of reasons we do this? :-D

Sent from my SM-N900T

I didn't hear of any rule like this. Perhaps something to look into. I know cons even have issues with smoke sometimes which is why I haven't been able to use my smoke machine too much.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ohh its definitely a cool idea, I just didn't want you to get into trouble. You could simply get a second flamethrower shell and attach it via strong magnets and swap it out...or have the flamethrower parts removable.

You cannot have actual weapons on any costumes. Tusken gaffee stick fin blades cannot have sharpened edges for instance. They really want you to have them be rubber so they can't actually hurt someone if someone walks into it. It's a liability issue more then anything else.

So, after much internal debate, I'll probably scratch the idea of the flamethrower. I just get so excited when I see something that I know will work...but really....for $150...I'm not sure I'll be in many places that will allow it. I already am limited to where I can use my smoke machine.

Other-more-awesome-update though!

Members of our garrison are submitting photos to Lucasfilm to be part of their character database. To do so, you need to be the proper height, weight, etc. (they require a pole-of-measuring in the photos). Any excuse to suit up and take pictures is fine by me. Here are a few shots from today!

lucasfilmfinal-1.jpg

lucasfilmfinal-2.jpg

lucasfilmfinal-11.jpg

lucasfilmfinal-7.jpg

lucasfilmfinal-6.jpg

lucasfilmfinal-8.jpg

lucasfilmfinal-10.jpg

lucasfilmfinal-9.jpg

lucasfilmfinal-4.jpg

lucasfilmfinal-5.jpg

lucasfilmfinal-3.jpg

Those are amazing photos to go with an amazing costume! I just occurred to me, is that an ESB style helmet? I seem to be perceiving some physical characteristics that line up more with the ESB style than the RotJ, such as that flair, but I don't think it detracts too much from the costume.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back