Budget Boba Costume "Base" - AliExpress/eBay vs Rubie's Supreme

Thanks for the replies Canarylorian! Sounds like you and I are doing more or less the same thing, lol

I've been working on my EE-3; just waiting for the weather to be good before I put some paint on.

I also picked up some 3mm thick sintra to do the shoulder and knee armor pieces. Going to try and 3D print the knee darts, gauntlets, and shin tools.

I think I'm going to stick with the AliExpress armor pieces for now, but I'd like to add the chest display if I can. I ordered the parts and will play around with it once those arrive.

The shoulder pieces don't look to bad to do, but I'm confused on how to assemble the knee template. I also need to start searching for ROTJ spray paint colors.
Hi Bob,

Sounds like a plan!
Here is a picture of the Aliexpress costume + Aliexpress boots + Black Series helmet. First time trying it out, I put the belt upside down .

I think this has potential and I only spent 80€.

Bob, lets post our updates!

Attachments

• 20210311_221134.jpg
    20210311_221134.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 407
I love my budget base, I got the same thing from ebay. Here it is, un weathered with RKD armor attached ( wich I will repaint soon as this was my first effort and I'm not too happy with it). But for the money, it's a nice flight suit, vest, and spats.
The boots are the cheap Chinese versions from.ebay as well with Quest brand spikes attached.

Attachments

• 20210411_202602.jpg
    20210411_202602.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 332
  • 20210411_202606.jpg
    20210411_202606.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 324
  • 20210411_202609.jpg
    20210411_202609.jpg
    897.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 20210411_202613.jpg
    20210411_202613.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 280
  • 20210411_202618.jpg
    20210411_202618.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 332
Th
I love my budget base, I got the same thing from ebay. Here it is, un weathered with RKD armor attached ( wich I will repaint soon as this was my first effort and I'm not too happy with it). But for the money, it's a nice flight suit, vest, and spats.
The boots are the cheap Chinese versions from.ebay as well with Quest brand spikes attached.
That’s not bad at all!! I almost went this route but unfortunately I got sucked into the black hole and 2400 bucks later I’m wondering what happened but I absolutely love these builds

Th

That’s not bad at all!! I almost went this route but unfortunately I got sucked into the black hole and 2400 bucks later I’m wondering what happened but I absolutely love these builds
Yeah, I will be using this suit for my PP2 as it is tighter fitting and I don't mind dying it ( I ordered the medium and for reference I'm the definition of average, 5'11" and 175lbs athletic), and will be purchasing an Arkady suit for my ROTJ SE. For 130 bucks, this thing rocks! And is so dang well built. Good fabric and fit and finish is incredible, just dump all the armor ( I just used a knife and cut the threads and then pulled it all off) nd replace with your own. Easy peasy.

Canarylorian and others, I haven't forgot about posting updates!

I bought a 3D printer earlier this year and thanks to RafalFett I've been printing a bunch of parts. So far I've done the knee darts, knee armor, and shin tools. Working on the gauntlets (thanks to stormtrooperguy's Thingiverse models). Here's one of the knee darts with armor:

ec4160a0baa8a814dd43aae0d8dd2d06256d0c2f-1.jpg

I've already sculped the shoulder bells with 3mm Sintra (used a ~6" diameter cardboard tube or paint can) and will finish it off with the jetpack (probably with cardboard and Sintra but I'll 3D print the small bits).

If I have time and materials I might redo the front armor pieces, but they're honestly not too bad. I actually like the soft material since it'll be more comfortable and easier to move around in.

This is amazing!!!

This is AMAZING!

Canarylorian and others, I haven't forgot about posting updates!

I bought a 3D printer earlier this year and thanks to RafalFett I've been printing a bunch of parts. So far I've done the knee darts, knee armor, and shin tools. Working on the gauntlets (thanks to stormtrooperguy's Thingiverse models). Here's one of the knee darts with armor:

View attachment 210055

I've already sculped the shoulder bells with 3mm Sintra (used a ~6" diameter cardboard tube or paint can) and will finish it off with the jetpack (probably with cardboard and Sintra but I'll 3D print the small bits).

If I have time and materials I might redo the front armor pieces, but they're honestly not too bad. I actually like the soft material since it'll be more comfortable and easier to move around in.
This looks very good! I was thinking about replacing just the kneepads and the shoulderpads....

Why are the Wookie scalps on the left side?
You should attach the hip pockets to the ammo belt and have them more on the sides.

So... I guess I'm building a jetpack? Thanks to wizardofflight for his templates.

IMG_20210502_160205.jpgIMG_20210502_160221.jpgIMG_20210502_160231.jpg

Also, we're officially less than 6 months away from Halloween. Feeling pretty good about finishing in time considering I really only started working on it in March of this year. Not going to (intentionally) slow down though.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back