Brow height question?

kibosh

Active Hunter
Hi guys,

I have a question about the brow height. (I think that's what it's called. The reddish band going around the bottom of the dome...)

Anyway, I need to scratch build my bucket. I'm afraid I won't be able to fit my melon in any of the fantastic buckets available. I'd hate to drop the cash and find out I was right...

I'm busy working up all my ratios to start building templates. I just need one dimension that is generally agreed upon to scale everything. I figure the brow might be an easy choice.

So how 'bout it? What is the height of the brow from top to bottom???

Thanks,

Eric

I don;t mean to be rude here... but hm... if you can;t fit your head inside a Bobamaker... are you sure you're human? it's freakin huge!!

what about the MLC 1 ? that is even bigger I believe...

but!!!
scratch building.. whatever the reason... is more rewarding!!

why's you want to know sizes anyway... from buckets that you think won;t fit you? :p

measurements.gif

Hope this helps

Excalibur,

If I'm reading this right, is that saying the brow is 11mm from top to bottom? I've looked at that a dozen times an never noticed that entry...

R_boba,

I wear a 7 3/4 fitted ball cap. I'm almost 6 1/2 feet tall. I've got a big skull. If I had access to a BM or MLC, I'd LOVE to try one on for size, but like I said, I can't afford to drop $200 on a bucket to find out I can't wear it.

hmm.. maybe check out for Fett's in your enviroment with an MS or soemthing else?

might help...

good luck on your Fett quest !!:)

make sure to post pics of whatever bucket your gonna do! especially a scratchy!! :D we can always learn from scratch builders!!

Eric - I am currently making my own bucket and have a size 59" head. the measurements i used for mine as the illustrated entry from Excalibur. Trust me even for a large head these will do

those are TK-409's measurments... Don Post Deluxe ones if I am not mistaken...

if those fit... so will the BM, MS, MLC..

R boba fett - sorry i meant the ones from Chris but posted by Excalibur, sorry for any confusion.

but as you say if Eric builds his bucket to those specs he should be ok

Ronin,

I got you beat! Using a flexible tape, I'm looking at roughly 62" around my forehead.

Chris' illustration lists the circumference w/out left ear at 724mm. My question is, what circumference? Is that at the brow line? If not, that's the measurement I really need.

How 'bout any of you folks out there with large buckets. What is the circumference of your helmet at the brow without the ears???

Thanks!

Eric

Ebrouwer - yer you got me, 62" WOW (in a nice way though :) )

When i get home i will measure the circumference of my bucket and let you know, although i am not sure if it will help you.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back