Absolutely agree. Unfortunately quite often there are no screen references for certain parts. Even promo shots are not optimal (as costume parts ofen change or get damaged during filming) but def preferrable to exhibition pics. The AoSW BobaFett eg was labelled as RotJ and it is a fair representation of it - but of course we also know that many parts were pulled from stunt or promo costumes. The struggles of trying to replicate a 'screen' accurate costume!
Actually, that was easier than I thought and pretty much worked on the first try. I only glued the screws with one drop of e6000 first to be able to readjust them later if the fitting ws not correct but I only needed to adjust one tile eventually. Pleasent surprise as I was expecting the first try to go wrong as usual, haha.
In regard to the grommets I've left a little space to the edges of each armor piece so I wasn't too worried that anything might not fit.
Quick update - it's slowly starting to look like Boba Fett
I really had trouble finding the right green tone for the armor. I started with the Humbrol colors but they were such a pain to work with that I quickly changed to something else. Unfortunatey the Hunt Club Green rattle cans are not available in Europe and the available RAL colors just don't cut it. After some expermenting I found a really nice Vallejo Air color I'm pretty happy with. And working with Vallejo Air colors is just so much more fun; less clogging, faster, non-toxic, better results, easier to clean.
My flightsuit from Bobamaker should come in shortly and then I'll start putting everything on the mannequin. Also I'll make the belt and sell the one from Imperial boots. My helmet is currently in the trusted hands of Lewis (Blaidon Props) waiting to get painted